After the Lunar Eclipse on May 26th, A Solar Eclipse will happen on June 10th, 2021 in Mrigashira Nakshatra (Taurus)
The solar eclipse is a powerful time for meditation, contemplation, prayers, mantras, Japa and other spiritual practices. It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid any materialistic pursuits like moving to a new home, getting married, romantic proposals, asking favors from higher officials, financial transactions, high-value purchases, investments etc.
This is not a favorable time to make any important decisions as you may not have any clarity. Be aware of heightened emotional tides.
The moon disappears in the sky during Amavasya and a solar eclipse always happens during Amavasya (No moon) while a Lunar eclipse always happens during Purnima (full moon).
This solar eclipse happens with the conjunction of Rāhu which indicates the journey from the outer to the inner realm for the benefit of the outer realm.
Do not surround yourself with people who are negative during the time of eclipses. Associate yourself with people who are vibrant and positive. Do not feel any “Lack” in your life. The energies during eclipse are very strong, so feel positive and grateful for everything you have and stop your complaining mind with Japa, meditation and spiritual sadhana. If you are looking for prosperity in your life, then eclipse is the perfect time to align with prosperity instead of focusing our attention on what we do not have.
Local Timings, Duration and Visibility
New York – 10 June, 2021 04:12 am to 09:11 am & Visibility – Yes
First Location to see the partial eclipse begin – 04:12 am
First Location to see the full eclipse begin – 05:50 am
Maximum Eclipse – 06:41 am
Last Location to see the full eclipse end – 07:33 am
Last location to see the partial eclipse end – 09:11 am
Chennai – 10 Jun, 2021 01:42 pm to 06:41 pm & Visibility – No
First Location to see the partial eclipse begin – 01:42 pm
First Location to see the full eclipse begin – 03:20 pm
Maximum Eclipse – 04:11 pm
Last Location to see the full eclipse end – 07:03 pm
Last location to see the partial eclipse end – 06:41 pm
London – 10 June, 2021 09:12 am to 02:11 pm & Visibility – Yes
First Location to see the partial eclipse begin – 09:12 am
First Location to see the full eclipse begin – 10:50 am
Maximum Eclipse – 11:41 am
Last Location to see the full eclipse end – 12:33 am
Last location to see the partial eclipse end – 02:11 pm
Solar Eclipse in Mrigashira Nakshatra – Searching and Seeking
This solar eclipse is happening in the nakshatra of Mrigashira which is all searching. Mars is the ruler of this Nakshatra which makes the search more active.
Mrigashira translates into “Deer’s head” and the symbol of this nakshatra is also a “deer”. The deer keeps searching for the scent everywhere not knowing that it is coming from within itself, similarly this asterism sends us on an endless search and unless the search is directed inwards it is not going to get fulfilled.
The deer symbolism emphasizes gentleness and meekness, that even in the toughest and most challenging times of your life, you can still be gentle and kind. It also teaches us that violence is not the way to win arguments and that is one of the biggest lessons for the planet Mars.
But just like the deer that raises to the occasion to defend itself from predators there is an inherent defense mechanism in this asterism.
In the forest deers are always on the move which signifies restlessness if we do know to channelize this Mrigashira energy.
Suspicion is something that we have to be careful about. Eclipses in this nakshatra can cause a lot of suspicion in personal life and in world events. Be attentive to the needs of your loved ones and support them during this time.
Do not remain fixated on your opinions during this time. Be open to see life from a different perspective. The more you allow yourself to see beyond your own impressions and opinions the more ease you will be at. Otherwise one thing will lead to another and you can end up being in complete disharmony with your own self and with others.
Since the eclipse is happening in this nakshatra avoid all kinds of road and air travel 10 days before and after the eclipse. Do not venture out until and unless it is absolutely necessary. If you cannot avoid travel, please listen to Margabandhu Stotram before you leave your home.
Fickleness is another important aspect of this nakshatra, so any decision you make during this time could be subject to changes after the eclipse is over. So be aware of that.
Mrigashira’s unique quality is to grasp information effortlessly. So you can use this time to learn new things and add more skills to your resume.
Soma or the Moon is the deity of Mrigashira Nakshatra. See below for special Soma mantras to seek protection from Soma during the eclipse. Goddess Parvati (the consort of Lord Shiva) is also considered as the deity of this Nakshatra, so we can invoke her energy by chanting her mantra and call upon her to protect us during this time. The mantra can be found in the rituals section below.
Be Mindful of your Desires
Lord Brahma’s desires knew no bounds when he became completely infatuated with his own daughter Shatarupa. He chose to give into the desires and chased her. She took the form of a female deer and ran away while Brahma took the form of a stag and chased her in the sky. Rudra (deity of Ardra nakshatra) became angry at this immoral behavior and cut off the head of the stag. The head of the stag became the Mrigashira Nakshatra (symbol fo this nakshatra is the head of a deer).
There are many lessons that we can learn from the above. When you have wrong desires and if you choose to pursue them, you will have to face the wrath of Rudra. At the same time the Shakti or power of this nakshatra is The Power of Fulfillment. So the right desires that is good for you and people around you will be fulfilled!
Eclipse is the perfect time to take a pause and understand our desires and become aware of them. It is best to say goodbye to the ones that are toxic.
Rituals and Remedies
For personalized rituals and mantras that you can chant based on your own birth chart, please download the align27 app. You can also find out about the planets that are impacted in your birth chart during this eclipse and mantras for the same on the align27 app.
Below are some generic rituals you can do. Get your personalized Remedies report!
- Chant Aum Namah Shivaya as many times as you possibly can starting today. When you chant it during eclipse time, it is extremely powerful.
- Chant the mantra – Aum Chandramase Namah to strengthen your Moon.
- Worship Lord Shiva as “Somanath” (Somnath means the lord of Soma who is the deity of Mrigashira nakshatra). Pandit Sanjay Rath has given the most beautiful mantra – Aum Namah Shivaya Namo Somanāthaya. You can chant this mantra 108 times.
- Worship Lord Dakshinamurthy with the mantra “Aum Namo Bhagavate Dakshinamurtaye”, you can also listen to Dakshinamurthy Stotram.
- Listen to Sri Rudram. You can recite it or just meditate on it.
- Recite, listen to or meditate on Ganesha Atharvasirsha.
- Chant the Durga Mantra “Aum Dum Durgaye Namaha” 108 times.
- Chant the mantra for Goddess Parvati – “Sarva Mangala Maangalye, Shive Sarvaartha Saadhike | Sharanye Tryambake Gaurii, Naaraayanii Namostute”
- Meditation – this is extremely important and it will help you forge ahead in difficult and tough situations.
- Honor your ancestors – Pray for them, be grateful to them and seek their blessings and help.
- Donate – donation done during eclipse times is extremely powerful and beneficial so do not limit yourself in what you can do to help people without expecting anything in return.
- Chant your personalized Surya mantra to strengthen your Sun.
- Listen to Kalabhairava Ashtakam.
- For personalized remedies download the align27 app.
Do’s and Dont’s
Sudarshan Kriya – Direct your mind inward
When Mrigashira’s restless energy is directed inward it can help you seek answers from within.
During eclipses, The Sun and the Moon are in perfect alignment conducive for spiritual practices.
We at Cosmic Insights are working with the Art of Living foundation to organize online meditation courses during this time. Since this is an extremely powerful time for spiritual pursuits, we highly recommend you to join us on the Online Happiness Program where you can learn the most miraculous Sudarshan Kriya.
- Avoid looking at the moon.
- Take a shower before and after the eclipse. – Do not bathe during the eclipse
- It is best to fast during the time of the eclipse. If you are unable to take a shower, take some water chant Aum Namah Shivaya thrice and sprinkle it on your head.
- Do not eat food that is exposed to the eclipse, please cook fresh food after the eclipse.
- Chant “Vishnu, Vishnu, Vishnu” before you drink or eat anything. Make this a daily habit.
- Do not commence any new projects during this time.