Kalabhairav Jayanti or Maha Kala Ashtami is celebrated as the birth of Lord Kalabhairav who is a fierce manifestation of Lord Shiva.
This day falls on the Ashtami Tithi during Krishna Paksha in the month of Karthik (Amanta) or Margashira (Purnimanta calendar). In 2022, it falls on November 16th based on where you live.
Check the align27 or Cosmic Insights app for Local timings.
Kala means time and Bhairav means fearful so Kalabhairav is the one that controls/rules the great time also known as Maha Kaal. In trika system Bhairav is the supreme reality or the Para Brahman. Lord Bhairava protects his devotees from enemies such as greed, jealousy, lust, anger, delusion, etc (6th house issues).
Worshipping Kalabhairav is one of the best remedies for Shani and Rahu.
- Chant the Kalabhairav mantra 108 times. Available on the Japa108.com app
- Listen to, meditate or recite the Kalabhairav Ashtakam composed by Sri Adi Shankaracharya. A beautiful rendition of this by Bhanumati Narasimhan is available on the Sattva Mantras and Meditation app.
- Remember and Honor your ancestors.
- Manage your time effectively today as Bhairav rules time
- Write all your wishes on a piece of paper and burn them as a symbolic way to surrender all your desires at the feet of Lord Kalabhairav.
- Lord Kalabhairav is known to remove negativity from our lives, so today is a great day to let go of patterns and habits that impact us in a negative way.
- Discard things that you do not use especially broken electronics, watches, footwear.
Happy Kalabhairav Jayanti 🙏
For personalized rituals based on your own horoscope download the align27 app.