Mangal (Mars) will transit Kumbha Rashi (Aquarius) from April 7, 2022 until May 16, 2022 For local timings download the Cosmic Insights app.
Aquarius is an airy sign ruled by 2 Airy planets Shani (Saturn) and Rahu. The Samudra Manthan (churning of the oceans) is deeply connected to the sign Aquarius. Mangal will meet with Shukra (Venus) during this transit to help us change and transform for the better with skill and determination.
Mars is a bit uncomfortable in Aquarius after coming out of exaltation in the sign of Capricorn. The best way to deal with this energy is to think of the collective instead of being selfish. If the question “what is in it for me ?” Can be changed to “What can I do to make things better for everyone” – then this transit will be excellent. It will help you bring people together, work on a cause and bring happiness and joy to everyone around.
Mars & Rahu Parivartan (Exchange) – April 12th to May 16, 2022
Rahu is the co-ruler of the sign Aquarius. And when Rahu moves into Aries (April 12, 2022), there will be a Parivartan (exchange) between Rahu and Mars. Under Rahu’s influence Mars can make us do things which we did not intend on doing. It could be impulsive purchases or saying things out of anger and frustration or creating chaos and confusion or making the wrong decisions, etc.
Rahu is our desires, Mangal is the power to act. Most of the times we get into trouble because of our desires. When the desires are impure they behave like Rahu and tempt Mars to take action. And once we give in we become victims of our own actions. So it is important to understand this energy as it is happening in the sky.
The solution lies in purifying our desires (Rahu) and improving our patience and perseverance. That is why Mars is exalted in the sign of Capricorn (rules by the most patient Saturn).
Regular Japa and Meditation will certainly help us overcome this situation. Just being aware of this energy will make a huge difference in how we react to things.
Remedies for Transit Mars in Aquarius
- The form of Lord Ganesha associated with the sign Aquarius is “Gajapati” you can use the mantra – Aum Gajapataye Namah to honor HIM. This will help to remove obstacles and make progress during this transit.
- Pranayama and Meditation – Aquarius is an airy sign ruled by 2 airy planets, so it is extremely important to bring balance to our Prana. The restlessness experienced in this sign can ONLY be addressed with Pranayama and Meditation.
- Worship Lord Shiva – HE is the deity of the sign Aquarius and the lord of Vayu Tattva (air element). Shiva in his aspect as Vayu is worshiped as Kalahasteeswara at the Kalahasti temple. You can make a donation to this temple as well.
- Light a lamp and incense everyday. This simple ritual can help you a lot during this transit.
- Chant the mantra – “Om Namaschandikaayai” 108 times or more. This will help to remove all confusions and brings peace.
- Listen to Hanuman Chalisa or chant it regularly.
- Worship Lord Kartikeya by listening to Subramanya Bhujangam by Jagadguru Adi Shankaracharya.
- For personalized daily rituals download the align27 app. You can also use the align27 app for predictions and insights about this transit.