Behind every action there is Mars. Mars does not like to think, so more than often every act that is done without proper thinking is a sign of a negative Mars.
Mars represents courage, freedom, passion, determination, strength, valor, swift action, aggression, forceful behavior, impulsiveness, competitiveness, fearlessness, tapas (forbearance), etc.
A positive Mars will give you the courage to stand up for yourself and make you believe in yourself and give you the strength and determination to get things done and cruise over obstacles in your life and reach your goals.
A negative Mars, on the other hand, will make you impulsive, weak, clingy, fearful, passive, aggressive etc.
Mars is a warrior who is ever ready for war. But if he has the right goals and if he has the wisdom to pick the right battles the mars energy is all that you require for success in life, business, health and relationships!
A good placement of Mars is considered extremely crucial for stable and lasting relationships. I am sure you must have heard about Mangal Dosha or Manglik. Lasting relationships is all about compromises and that is one thing that Mars does not like. Mars does not like to negotiate come what may in certain areas of life, based on his placement, his house rulerships, aspects etc.
So all you need is to just tackle your Mars, tame him and strengthen him.
8 Practical Ways To Strengthen Your Mars
- Self Assessment – Identify if you have a strong or weak mars. Only you can do this, because it is extremely difficult to be utterly truthful to anyone else except yourself. See below for signs of a positive Mars and negative Mars.
- Honor the deity of Mars – Kartikeya or Skanda the hindu warrior God who is the son of Lord Shiva is the deity of Mars. Praying to HIM will help you imbibe the positive qualities of Mars. The best way to honor a deity is by Japa and Mantra chanting. The best time to chant or do Japa will be during Mars Hora.
- Fast on Tuesdays – A positive Mars is always ready for challenges and Tapas. So bringing some discipline into your life by taking a vow to fast for 2 Tuesdays a month for example and keeping at it will slowly but surely strengthen your Mars. Tuesday is ruled by Mars and hence it is an auspicious day to work towards strengthening your Mars.
- Change your thought process about winning – “You are always a winner. Sometimes you win; sometimes you make others win.” – This quote by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is all about a positive Mars. If you are ready to make others win it is a big step towards strengthening your Mars.
- Take time out to do nothing – Mars is all about action, so taking some time out to consciously do nothing will spiritualize your Mars by bringing the much needed clarity. You can do so with the help of Meditation and Mindfulness practices. In Bhagavad Gita Lord Krishna says “One who sees action in inaction, and inaction in action – he’s the most intelligent of all men.” – This is very true in case of a strong and intelligent Mars.
- Blessings of a Guru or an Enlightened Master – Serving a Guru is one of the surest ways to strengthen your Mars as the wisdom of Jupiter guides and steers Mars in the right direction.
- Regular chanting of Gayatri Mantra – Gayatri mantras has the power to purify our intellect, our thoughts and our actions. Right action is just what is expected of our Mars. So regular Gayatri Mantra Japa will help to strengthen our Mars.
- Read about Lord Hanuman – Lord Hanuman is the perfect example of a strong and positive Mars. His courage combined with one pointed devotion is the quality of a strong mars. The more you read about Lord Hanuman and his life subtle changes start happening within you.
- Worship of Lord Kala Bhairav – The true worship of Lord Kalabhairav is to learn the Vigyan Bhairav which is one of the most ancient scriptures. This scripture is about the discourse between Lord Bhairava and his consort Bhairavi, it briefly presents 112 Tantric meditation methods or centering techniques (dharana). Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is currently conducting the “Unveiling Infinity” program across the world which is a commentary on this scripture. The benefit of understanding this scripture is explained beautifully in Adi Shankaracharya’s Kalabhairav Ashtakam
“Shoka-Moha-Dainya-Lobha-Kopa-Taapa-Naashanam Prayaanti Kaalabhairava-Amghri-Sannidhim Naraa Dhruvam “
Which translates roughly as “Destroys (mental) Sorrows and Afflictions, Delusions and Infatuations, Wretchedness and Depressions, Passions and Anger and (mental) Heat and Burns and after Death the Devotee will Surely Attain the Feet of Sri Kalabhairava.”
Signs of a Positive and Strong Mars
|Strong or Positive Mars||Negative or Weak Mars|
|Energy and Vitality||Tiredness and Lethargy|
|Accomplishments come by easily||Find it difficult to get anything accomplished.|
|Perseverance||Easy to give up|
|Keep up promises||Prone to break promises|
|Self discipline||lack of discipline
|Goal oriented action||Lacks proper vision|
|Loves challenges||Hates to be challenged and gives up easily|
|Picks the right battles||Picks a fight at every situation.|
|Does not get humiliated easily||Easy to be humiliated|
|Strong bones||Weak bones|
|Enthusiastic and positive about life||Negativity|
To learn more about practical tips and remedies go to – vediclifecoaching.com