September is going to be an interesting month as Jupiter and Saturn are ready to come out of retrograde and Mars is ready to go into retrograde.
We are also going through Pitru Paksha, and this month Rahu and Ketu will shift signs from Gemini/Sagittarius to Taurus/Scorpio while Ketu transits the Gandanta zone.
Follow these simple rituals and guidelines to cruise through this transit.
For personalized rituals based on your own birth chart download the align27 app.
- We are currently in Pitru paksha – so remember and honor your ancestors every day. You can do simple things like writing about them on your social media, making their favorite dish and offering to them, making a simple donation in their names etc. They have the power to help us through tough transits.
- Honor the 5 Elements every day. Light a lamp every day to honor Agni tattva (fire element), Offer incense to honor Vayu tattva (air element), Offer some water or fruits to the divine to honor Jala tattva (water element), Offer flowers to the divine to honor Akash tattva (space element) and offer some sandalwood paste (Chandan) to the divine to honor Prithvi tattva (earth element). By honoring the 5 elements, you are doing remedy for all the 9 grahas (planets) every single day.
- Do the Panchayatana puja advocated by Jagadguru Sri Adi Shankaracharya. It consists of worshipping the 5 divine energies every day. They are Lord Shiva, Goddess Durga, Surya, Ganesha and Ishta Devata. You can chant simple mantras and worship them.
- When planets turn direct, they usually go through a phase where they are stationary so things may seem stuck and may not progress as per your expectations. But do not give up! Be patient and know that it is because of the cosmic energies. It will start progressing once the planets pick up speed.
- Mars Retrograde can bring up a lot of anger and lead to discussions and arguments. So be aware of this. I strongly suggest you do Likhita Japa (writing mantras) to handle this transit. You can pick your favorite mantra and write them. Fix a time, and do it exactly at the same time every day. You can write it how many ever times you want (12, 27, 54 or 108). Mars represents ink and is the karaka of the 3rd house of writing as well. When you write a transformation is happening. It’s a beautiful science. The intention to write your mantra, the attention while writing the mantra and the mantra manifests in a form with your writing. Mantra is connected to Jupiter and Jupiter exalts in the sign where Mars is the weakest.
- Last but not least – Do Pranayama and Meditate every day! This is the best way to burn our karmas and cruise through any obstacles we may face.
Bonus – Use the align27 app to plan your day! Doing things at the right time in itself is a great remedy.