The solar eclipse is a powerful moment that signals a new beginning and a line being drawn under the past. It occurs when the New Moon aligns close to the nodal axis and obscures the Sun – so symbolically the lunar emotional principle comes in front of the solar ego. The Sun is swallowed up and your sense of identity is fragile. Your feelings are more intense during the approach and at the eclipse itself, and you are ruled by your inner life rather than objective outward factors. With both the Sun and Moon in Gemini/Punarvasu, matters around spiritual freedom, wisdom and leadership come to light. This nakshatra’s symbol is a quiver of arrows, showing a restless nature that shoots desires off in different directions, bringing a sense of infinity, boundlessness and renewal. This is traditionally Lord Rama’s nakshatra, so you may face issues of leadership or even being called to a quest or vital mission. Your sense of all possibilities may be limited or frustrated at the eclipse time, or else you must balance embarking on an adventure with another equally important factor in your life. The general advice at eclipses – particularly solar – is to not take major decisions or carry out important activities: if possible wait at least three days, until the waxing Moon appears in the sky again and sheds symbolic light on your situation. Eclipses dramatize everything and you may feel anxious or highly strung over an issue that afterwards seems more in proportion.
To understand how this eclipse will affect you based on your own chart download the align27 app – www.align27.com
Lord Rama was born in this Nakshatra. Sri Ram’s life was everything about bringing balance and equilibrium. Punarvasu is a karmic recycler and harmonizes the opposing tendencies inherent in the universal scheme of things. Sri Ram lost his kingdom and wife and regained them. This is the expression of “light again” or “good again” or “return of light”
Punarvasu is the Nakshatra of renewal, repetition, repeating patterns etc! What you do on the day when Punarvasu nakshatra is operating will be a repeating pattern in your life, So chose wisely and be kind to everyone around you. Choose positivity over negativity, kindness over rudeness, joy over sorrow, The boomerang is the perfect example of the Punarvasu energy. Any good deeds done on Punarvasu will bring multifold results back to you.
One Strange-quality of Punarvasu is that everything happens in two goes for the natives under its strong influence. They almost always tend to fail or not get far in their first attempt at any pursuit, but the funny part is that they almost always succeed if they try a second time. This relates to the opposing natures of the two stars, Castor and Pollux, which make up the constellation of Punarvasu.
Practical Tips & Remedies
If you have time to do ONLY one chant – Let it be “Ganesha Atharvasirsha” – This is the translation of a verse towards the end of Ganesha Atharvasirsha – “17.2: He who recites this during Solar Eclipse on the bank of a great River (Nature providing the backdrop of the greater consciousness) or in-front of the image of Ganapati, becomes Mantra-Siddha (i.e. Mantra gradually reveals the deeper consciousness)”
1. Chant the mantra of this nakshatra – Aum Sri Punarvasu Nakshatra Devatayai Namaha.
2. Listen to Vishnu Sahasranama
3. Recite the stanza from Vishnu Sahasranama – Raama Raama Raameti Rame Raame Manorame | Sahasra-Naama Tat-Tulyam Raama-Naama Varaanane || which translates as “By meditating on the Name of Rama, my Mind gets absorbed in the Divine Consciousness of Rama, which is Transcendental, The Name of Rama is as Great as the Thousand Names of God (Vishnu Sahasranama).
4. Strengthen your Sun by chanting Aditya Hrudayam and offering Arghya
5. Fingers and Nose are the body parts associated with this nakshatra – so alternate nostril breathing is very effective.
6. Punarvasu nakshatra is auspicious for spiritual activities like meditation, self reflection, worship, fasting etc.
7. Avoid borrowing or lending money during this time.
8. Punarvasu is ruled by Celestial mother Aditi so worship of any feminine deities like Goddess Durga, Saraswati, Mahalakshmi can be done. – You can also meditate on the Sri Lalitha Sahasranama chant
9. Read stories from the epic Ramayana
10. You can use mudras to harness the energy of this nakshatra – https://blog.cosmicinsights.net/punarvasu-nakshatra-mudras/