Mercury retrograde is something that makes news whenever it occurs.
If you did not read our post about the significance of Mercury Retrograde you can read it here.
Retrograde Planets are very strong according to Cheshta Bala (strength of motion/movement) showing the willpower or desire to move!
So Mercury retrograde is the time where everything that Mercury represents in general and in your chart personally want to move or have a desire for a change. This energy will not let you be stagnant. You need the wisdom to know how to use this energy in the most beneficial way. That comes through Meditation and other spiritual practices.
Mercury Retrograde Timings
Mercury will be in retrograde from May 10th to June 3rd, 2022. It will retrograde in the sign of Taurus from Rohini Nakshatra into the sign of Aries (Kritikka Nakshatra).
Mercury Retrograde in Rohini Nakshatra
Timings for New York, USA: 07:48 PM May 10, 2022 – 12:34 PM May 14, 2022
Timings for Chennai, India: 05:18 PM May 10, 2022 – 10:04 PM May 14, 2022
Mercury Retrograde in Kritikka Nakshatra
Timings for New York, USA: 12:33 PM May 14, 2022 – 04:00 AM June 3, 2022
Timings for Chennai, India: 10:03 PM May 14, 2022 – 01:30 PM, June 3, 2022
Mercury Retrograde Insights
- By being painfully detail-oriented we may end up losing valuable time and hurting people around us.
- The logical mind may not be able to comprehend whatever is going on leading to frustration.
- Great time to focus and work hard on ongoing projects rather than trying to create something new.
- We may deal with a lot of Returns and exchanges while shopping, so do read the fine prints and shop smart.
- When in doubt, just speak and clarify rather than assumptions. Know that the whole world is going through the same Mercury Retrograde. So give people the benefit of doubt and do not jump to conclusions.
- Best time to get back on those broken promises regarding a healthy diet or an exercise regime.
- The negative side of mercury is Jealousy, so just be aware of this tendency.
Mercury Retrograde Remedies
- The deity of Mercury is Lord Vishnu, so please chant a Vishnu mantra everyday (Aum Namo Narayanaya) and listen to, chant or meditate on the Vishnu Sahasranama.
- Mercury represents Prithvi Tattva (Earth element) and the sign Taurus is also an earth sign, so you can offer gandham (scented oils or sandal paste) to Lord Ganesha or Lord Vishnu.
- Read a book or start writing a journal, this is one of the best remedies for Mercury.
- Include more green vegetables in your diet.
- Donate perfumes, books, green vegetables/fruits, camphor, green colored clothing etc.
To see how this Mercury Retrograde will play out based on your own birth chart, download the align27 app!