The eclipse season is back and we will start with a Total Lunar Eclipse in Vishakha nakshatra on May 16th, 2022. For local timings download the Cosmic Insights App.
Lunar eclipse is a powerful time for meditation, contemplation, prayers, mantras, japa and other spiritual practices. It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid materialistic pursuits.
This is not a favorable time to make any important decisions such as job change, marriage, moving into a new home, high value purchases, investments etc. Be aware of heightened emotional tides.
New York – 15 May, 2022 09:32 pm to 16 May, 2022 02:50 am & Visibility – Yes
London – 116 May, 2022 02:32 am to 07:50 am & Visibility – Yes
Mumbai – 16 May, 2022 07:02 am to 12:20 pm & Visibility – No
For local timings and visibility download the Cosmic Insights app
Debilitated Full Moon Eclipse in Vishakha Nakshatra
Vishakha Nakshatra spans across Libra and Scorpio and the Moon gets debilitated in the scorpio side of this Nakshatra.
During this period, the mind may feel disconnected and restless. Past issues may surface up creating disharmony. We are more prone to making mistakes during this time as the Moon is affected by the nodes. So it is wise to spend this period in Meditation and Spiritual practices.
An unexplained feeling of a void could also be experienced during this time.
One of the best qualities of this Nakshatra is it’s ability to sacrifice and go through any amount of penance to reach it’s goals. So if you are able to persevere, then you will come out stronger and better!
Vishakha Nakshatra has two governing deities – Indra and Agni. Indra brings the power, courage and fortitude to this Nakshatra whereas Agni brings the wisdom and truth required to use that power in the right way. But during the eclipse our decision making capabilities are at an all time low and our confidence/courage could take a backseat. So it is wise to sit back, relax and use this time to go inward instead of engaging in worldly activities.
The power or Shakti of Vishakha nakshatra is Vyapana Shakti (The Power to Achieve and Manifest). You may tap into this power by performing mantra japa, meditation, donation and other spiritual practices during the eclipse timings.
Rituals and Remedies
Here are some generic rituals you can do.
- Chant Aum Namah Shivaya as many times as you possibly can starting today. When you chant it during the eclipse time, it is extremely powerful.
- Worship Lord Dattareya with the mantra 108 times – Aum Namo Bhagavate Dattatreyaya.
- Pray to Radha Krishna. You can also place a Radha Krishna artwork, painting or photograph in your bedroom.
- The Ganesha associated with Vishakha Nakshatra is Haridra Ganapati. Chant the mantra “Aum Haridra Ganapataye Namaha” 108 times to get rid of obstacles and get the blessings of Lord Ganesha.
- Recite, listen to or meditate on Ganesha Atharvasirsha.
- Chant the Durga Mantra “Aum Dum Durgaye Namaha” 108 times.
- Meditation – this is extremely important and it will help you forge ahead in difficult and tough situations.
- Honor your ancestors – Pray for them, be grateful to them and seek their blessings and help.
- Donate – donation done during eclipse times is extremely powerful and beneficial so do not limit yourself in what you can do to help people without expecting anything in return.
- Listen to Sri Rudram and Vishnu Sahasranama.
- Avoid venturing out during this time, but if you have work that cannot be avoided, please listen to Margabandhu Stotram for protection.
- The deity of Vishakha is Indra Agni – so please chant the mantra – Aum Indragnibhyam Namah 108 times.
Do’s and Dont’s
- Avoid looking at the moon.
- Take a shower before and after the eclipse. – Do not bathe during the eclipse
- It is best to fast during the time of the eclipse.
- Do not eat food that is exposed to the eclipse, please cook fresh food after the eclipse.
- Chant “Vishnu, Vishnu, Vishnu” before you drink or eat anything. Make this a daily habit.
- Do not commence any new projects during this time.
- Avoid power struggles during this time. Be patient and let time be the healer. Do not react to situations immediately. Take a pause and think it through.