Lord Ganesha is the remover of obstacles and he is invoked during any auspicious beginnings.
There is a technique you can learn that will help you overcome obstacles in life with the blessings of Lord Ganesha. In India it is commonly called “Thoppukaranam”
Lord Ganesha is the Guardian of the Muladhara (base) chakra. Muladhara chakra houses the kundalini energy. On the spiritual path it is important to get entry past the muladhara chakra to activate the kundalini energy. When that energy is awakened we get access to the powers of Lord Ganesha.
1. Hold your right ear using the thumb and forefinger of your left hand.
2. Hold your left ear using the thumb and forefinger of your right hand.
3. Note – The thumb should be in the front and the forefinger at the back of the ear.
4. Note – The right arm should be outside for this technique to work!
5. Keep your feet shoulder-width apart.
6. Connect your tongue to the palate.
7. Do a squat – breathe in while sitting down and breathe out when getting up.
8. You can practice this up to 14 times a day!
9. You may face east to get the maximum benefits.
10. The best time to do this is before your food and after some breathing exercises!
In India people used to do this in front of Lord Ganesha. It is known to increase the level of your awareness and alertness and make you more intelligent. It helps you cruise through obstacles. It also activates the parts of the brain that can connect you with the divine energy and become a doorway to the supreme state of consciousness.
So whenever you feel stuck, do a few of these and it will help you. You can enhance this technique by chanting Mantras of Lord Ganesha.
A simple mantra is – Aum Gam Ganapataye Namah
The align27 app can provide you with your personalized Ganesha mantra. You can do this every day or on days when the Moon transits Ashwini, Magha or Mula Nakshatras or Chathurthi tithis (4th lunar day). You can also do it when the Moon transits over your natal Ketu.
The rituals section of the align27 app reminds you on these days to perform this small ritual with your personalized mantra.