Chanting mantras can help calm the mind, reduce stress and anxiety, and bring a sense of peace and balance. It can also improve focus and concentration, and increase feelings of positivity and happiness. It is one of the BEST, most powerful and safest remedy in Jyotish.
“The negative vibes around a person make them repulsive. Mantras turn around these negative, repulsive vibrations, into more positive and attractive vibrations. This is the advantage of mantra chanting.” ~ Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Chanting mantras on special occasions like Maha Shivratri greatly amplifies the positive effects.
For Maha Shivratri 2023 Timings and Rituals visit here.
5 Powerful Mantras for Maha Shivratri
- “Om Namah Shivaya” – Shiva Panchakshari mantra is one of the MOST powerful mantras. There are many secrets about this mantra which can be revealed by a Guru once you get diksha. But this mantra can be chanted by anyone without getting Diksha. “If negative thoughts, insecurities, doubts arise in the mind, chant Om Namah Shivaya. This itself will put you back on the right track.” – Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- “Om namo bhagavate rudraaya vishnave mrtyurme paahi” – This mantra is from Sri Rudram Namakam. It is an extremely potent mantra for longevity and health. If you have any health issues, just chant this mantra for protection from Rudra.
- “Om Tatpurushaya Vidmahe Mahadevaya Dhimahi Tanno Rudrah Prachodayat” – Rudra Gayatri Mantra bestows fearlessness and strength.
- “Om Tryambakam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pushti Vardhanam, Urvarukamiva Bandhanan Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritaat” – The Maha Mrtyunjaya mantra is one of the greatest mantras that bestows longevity, fearlessness, surrender, courage and overall prosperity.
- Om namo bhagavate rudraaya – For Strength and ability to do your work with perfection. The namakam part of Sri Rudram starts with this powerful mantra.
You can use the Japa 108 app for free to ehance your mantra chanting journey!
Follow Cosmic Insights on Instagram for vedic rituals, transit insights and more.