Moorti Nirnaya is a traditional and insightful method used in Vedic astrology to assess the impact of planetary transits. This technique categorizes transits into four distinct types based on their influence, with each type signifying a different level of favorability or adversity:
- Swarna (Golden) Moorti: This category represents an extremely favorable transit.
- Rajat (Silver) Moorti: These transits are considered favorable.
- Tamra (Copper) Moorti: Transits falling into this category are expected to bring about average results.
- Loha (Iron) Moorti: This category indicates highly unfavorable transits.
How is Moorti Nirnaya Calculated?
Take the Janma Rashi (the sign where Moon is placed when you were born). Note the position of the transit moon at the exact time when Rahu enters Pisces and Ketu enters Virgo, with reference to the Natal moon.
Use the Moorti Nirnaya feature on the Cosmic Insights app to find this information for you!
For example, in New York, NY – At the exact moment when Rahu enters Pisces (30th Oct, 2023 at 16:54) the transit Moon will be in Taurus. Based on the below, this transit will be extremely favorable for people whose natal Moon falls in Taurus, Sagittarius or Cancer.
- If the transiting Moon is located in the 1st, 6th, or 11th house from the Natal Moon, it is categorized as a Swarna (Golden) Moorti, signifying an extremely favorable transit.
- When the transiting Moon occupies the 2nd, 5th, or 9th house from the Natal Moon, it is termed as a Rajat (Silver) Moorti, indicating a favorable transit.
- Transits that place the Moon in the 3rd, 7th, or 10th house from the Natal Moon are referred to as Tamra (Copper) Moorti, suggesting that these transits are likely to bring about average results.
- Lastly, if the transiting Moon falls in the 4th, 8th, or 12th house from the Natal Moon, it is considered a Loha (Iron) Moorti, signifying a very unfavorable transit with potential challenges and difficulties.