A Solar eclipse is of great significance – in the past, astrologers were punished by the King if they failed to update them about the upcoming Solar eclipse?
Eclipses are an amazing time to search within your own self for answers to burning questions. Meditation, mantra chanting, Japa, mindfulness, donations and other spiritual activities done during the time of an eclipse is extremely powerful.
Our ancient seers considered eclipses as a negative omen to begin new projects on the material level. So, events like starting a new business, or moving into a new home or getting married or asking your boss for a promotion etc. are avoided strictly during eclipses.
This solar eclipse is happening in Mula Nakshatra. Mula represents our galactic center. Mula means “the root”, “the center” or “the deepest core”. The symbol of this asterism is a tied bunch of roots.
Mula is ruled by the planet Ketu which is responsible for storing our past life karmas. So this eclipse will help you bring out talents from your past life. If you are willing to patiently work out what’s good for you with a pinpointed approach instead of scattering your energy, this eclipse could be a positive influence for you.
This eclipse will bring upon us the energy that will make us want to act without proper thinking. So it is wise to keep this in mind and avoid important decisions until the eclipse is over.
Do not be in a hurry to resolve problems and situations during this time. Do something creative like learning new subjects, arts, music, poetry, etc. You can also spend time in meditation and Japa.
The eclipse is happening in the 3rd Pada of Mula nakshatra which is Gemini Navamsha, so the energy of this eclipse can create a lot of mental tensions due to overuse of logic and intellect. Being a tamasic nakshatra it may bring upon a lot of fear and confusion upon us. The best way to handle it is to worship Goddess Kali and Lord Shiva as Rudra.
Rituals and Remedies
1. It is best to observe everything that is happening within you and around you rather than jumping to conclusions.
2. Mula’s constitution is “Vata” so it is best to do some pranayama every day.
3. Pray to Lord Hanuman every day as he was born with his ascendant in this asterism. This will help you imbibe his strength and valor to go through troubled times. You can listen to or chant the Hanuman Chalisa twice every day.
4. Avoid borrowing and lending money during this time.
5. Do not confront or attack people with your words or actions.
6. Donate to your favorite cause. You can either donate money or your time and energy to help people who are less fortunate than you.
7. Chant “Aum Namah Shivaya” as many times as possible with a minimum of 1008 times.
8. Recite or listen to Ganesha Atharvasirsha as many times as you possibly can. There is a verse in the Ganesha Atharvasirsha that says “He who recites this during Solar Eclipse on the bank of a great River (Nature providing the backdrop of the greater consciousness) or in front of the image of Ganapati, becomes Mantra-Siddha (i.e. Mantra gradually reveals the deeper consciousness), he becomes free from great obstacles, he becomes free from great vice, he becomes free from Sins, He becomes All-Knowing”
9. 3 days before and after an eclipse avoid making important decisions or starting something new (material life).
10. If you can, fast 6 hours before the eclipse and for the duration of the eclipse.
11. Listen to Sri Rudram every day starting today until the end of the year.
12. Chant or listen to Kalabhairava Ashtakam or chant the mantra “Aum Kalabhairavaya Namaha” 108 times. You can listen to this on the Sattva app.
13. Take a shower after the eclipse and during your shower keep chanting the below mantra to cleanse your self and for purification.
“गङ्गे च यमुने चैव गोदावरि सरस्वति ।
नर्मदे सिन्धु कावेरि जलेऽस्मिन् संनिधिं कुरु ॥
Gangge Ca Yamune Caiva Godaavari Sarasvati |
Narmade Sindhu Kaaveri Jalesmin Sannidhim Kuru ||
5 powerful mantras for the upcoming Solar Eclipse
I have learned these mantras from my Jyotish Guru – Pandit Sanjay Rath. I am so very grateful.
You can chant these mantras 108 times Starting now until 3 or 4 days after eclipse, the longer the better!
1. bhālachandrāya huṁ – This mantra will help you remove obstacles on the sign Sagittarius where the eclipse is happening.
2. Aum̐ shrîdharâya namaḥ – This is the Vishnu Rashi mantra for the sign Sagittarius. Eclipse is caused by Rahu and Ketu, and Lord Vishnu is the one who can protect us from the negative effects of the nodes.
3. Aum̐ Namaḥ Śivāya Namo Viśvanāthaya – this is the Jyotirlinga mantra for the sign Sagittarius. Chanting this mantra brings the protection of Lord Shiva.
4. Aum̐ ghṛṇiḥ aṁśumānāditya – This is the Aditya mantra for the sign Sagittarius. This will help us seek blessings of Anshuman Aditya.
5. Aum Namah Shivaya – This is the most powerful mantra to be chanted during the eclipse. Simple yet magical – Try and challenge yourself to do 1080 or 10800 times on the day of Eclipse.