A total solar eclipse is happening on the 2nd of July, 2019. This is the second solar eclipse of 2019.
The solar eclipse is of great significance, did you know in the past the astrologers were punished by the King if they fail to update them about the upcoming solar eclipse?
Eclipses are an amazing time to search within your own self for answers to burning questions. Meditation, mantra chanting, japa, mindfulness, donations and other spiritual activities done during the time of the eclipse is extremely powerful.
Our ancient seers considered eclipses as a negative omen to begin new projects on the material level. So events, like starting a new business, or moving into a new home or getting married or asking your boss for a promotion etc, are avoided strictly during eclipses.
This solar eclipse is happening in Ardra nakshatra (lunar mansion).
Sun and Moon will be in Ardra Nakshatra (Gemini) and will oppose Saturn and Ketu in Purva Ashada nakshatra (Sagittarius). Rahu will be in Punarvasu Nakshatra (Gemini) along with Venus in Mrigashira nakshatra (Gemini).
Ardra nakshatra is ruled by Rahu and it is known as the bright star Orion in astronomy. The symbols that represent Ardra are teardrop and diamond. Just like how a diamond is formed after it goes through extreme heat and pressure, this asterism teaches us that in life if we are willing to go through the tough phases with determination and patience then we will be rewarded. The essence of it is to understand that as human beings our perception and views on life is very limited. We have no idea of why something is happening in our life. Only when we live with trust that the divine energy is taking care of us, we are able to connect the dots.
The eclipse in Ardra nakshatra may bring in a storm of emotions to help us let go and heal from past impressions. It gives us the energy to get to the root of the problems that we have been facing in life and gives us razor-sharp insights on how to deal with them. Every chaos and confusion will lead to freshness and renewal which is the theme of this nakshatra.
Did you know that when the eclipse is not visible in your city, it does not affect you as much?
If you have prominent planets in Gemini, especially in Ardra nakshatra or Sagittarius (Purva Ashada nakshatra) then this eclipse may bring in some important changes in life.
Check the align27 app for personalized insights based on Nakshatra transits.
Rituals and Remedies
- Since Saturn and Sun are opposing each other, it is best to avoid power struggles and misuse of power during this eclipse period. Be kind to people who provide service to you.
- Meditate on Sri Rudram – Rudra, the fierce form of Lord Shiva is the deity of Ardra nakshatra.
- It is best to observe everything that is happening within you and around you rather than jumping to conclusions.
- Do not confront or attack people with your words or actions.
- Donate to your favorite cause. You can either donate money of your time and energy to help people who are less fortunate than you.
- Chant “Aum Namah Shivaya” as many times as possible with a minimum of 1008 times.
- Recite or listen to Ganesha Atharvasirsha as many times as you possibly can. There is a verse in the Ganesha Atharvasirsha that says “He who recites this during Solar Eclipse on the bank of a great River (Nature providing the backdrop of the greater consciousness) or in-front of the image of Ganapati, becomes Mantra-Siddha (i.e. Mantra gradually reveals the deeper consciousness), He becomes free from great Obstacles, He becomes free from great Vices, He becomes free from Sins, He becomes All-Knowing”
- 3 days before and after an eclipse avoid making important decisions or starting something new (material life).
- If you can, please fast 6 hours before the eclipse and the duration of the eclipse.
- Chant or listen to Kalabhairava Ashtam or chant the mantra “Aum Kalabhairavaya Namaha” 108 times.
- Jupiter is the one that can protect us from the malefic energies of Rahu – so worship Lord Shiva as Dakshinamurthy. You can listen to the Dakshinamurthy Stotram or chant the Dakshinamurthy mantra.
- Burn Bhakoor made of agarwood. – Agarwood is connected to Ardra nakshatra and burning bhakoor is one of the best remedies for Rahu.
- Take a shower after the eclipse and during your shower keep chanting the below mantra to cleanse your self and for purification. “गङ्गे च यमुने चैव गोदावरि सरस्वति ।नर्मदे सिन्धु कावेरि जलेऽस्मिन् संनिधिं कुरु ॥ Gangge Ca Yamune Caiva Godaavari Sarasvati |Narmade Sindhu Kaaveri Jalesmin Sannidhim Kuru ||