Tithi in Jyotish is the lunar day. It is one of the most important limbs of the Panchang (Almanac). It is based on the relationship between the Sun and the Moon.
The waxing phase of the Moon is called Shukla paksha and the waning phase of the Moon is called Krishna paksha. Each paksha has 15 tithis associated with them.
Lord Ganesha is the closest to the material plane, and HE is the one who can help us during this Kali Yuga. Success comes when we are at the right place at the right time grabbing the right opportunities. Worship of Lord Ganesha not only helps to remove obstacles in life, it also helps with the intuitive power to be at the right place at the right time! HE has the power to change a bad day into a good one.
There is a specific form of Lord Ganesha associated with each of the 15 tithis.
- Pratipada (1st tithi) – Bala Ganapathi
- Dwitiya (2nd tithi) – Taruna Ganapati
- Tritiya (3rd tithi) – Bhakti Ganapathi
- Chaturthi (4th tithi) – Veera Ganapathi
- Panchami (5th tithi) – Shakti Ganapati
- Shashthi (6th tithi) – Dhwija Ganapati
- Saptami (7th tithi) – Siddhi Ganapati
- Ashtami (8th tithi) – Ucchishta Ganapati
- Navami (9th tithi) – Vighna Ganapati
- Dashami (10th tithi) – Kshipra Ganapati
- Ekadasi (11th tithi) – Heramba Ganapati
- Dwadashi (12th tithi) – Lakshmi Ganapati
- Trayodashi (13th tithi) – Maha Ganapati
- Chaturdashi (14th tithi) – Vijaya Ganapati
- Purnima (Full Moon) – Nirutha Ganapati
- Amavasya (No Moon) – Niruttha Ganapati
Worshipping the form of Lord Ganesha associated with the tithi of the day helps us glide through uncertainty, chaos and change with ease and grace. The align27 app keeps track of this and helps you chant the correct mantra based on the tithi every day.
Turn your Greatest Challenges into your Greatest Strengths by worshipping Lord Ganesha based on the tithi!
Follow us on Instagram for interesting insights!
Hello, do we worship the Lord Ganesh associated for both Shukla Paksha and Krishna Paksha Tithi ?
Hi, the above article is very good and has given good content on eclipse and the related panchanga