When i was in Tamil Nadu, India I got the golden opportunity to go to some of the local book shops here to find some precious astrology related books in Tamil.
Though there are many many books and authors one particular author captivated me. He is known by the name “Siddha yogi siva dasan ravi”.
I read almost 6 of his books and i had this deep longing to speak to him and discuss astrology and see if he is interested to conduct a seminar for us. But sadly, when i called his wife picked up and said he is no more. I was shocked.
I wanted to share one of the remedies he suggests that can be done by anyone anywhere to get rid off all the doshas (blemishes) caused by the 9 planets.
Most of the rituals are already incorporated into the align27 app.
The book i read was in tamil, but i have managed to translate it here.
The 15 Day Magical Ritual That Starts on Full Moon and Ends on New Moon
You have to start doing this ritual on a full moon day and continue it for 15 days without missing a day until the next new moon cycle.
1. Take a hand full of Nava Dhaniyams (Mixture of 9 grains related to 9 planets available as a packet)
2. Keep the fist in front of your eyes and circle your fist around your head until you come back to the same position. Do this 9 times. You can chant the mantra for each planet in the order of Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu during each round so by the time you finish 9 times you have chanted the mantras for all the 9 planets. (see below)
3. Once you are done, put them in a new earthen pot. if you do not have an earthen pot you can put them in a vessel filled with some mud.
4. Every day before you go for a shower take a small cup of water in your hands and circle it around your head 9 times. You can chant a mantra for each planet in the order of Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu during each round so by the time you finish 9 times you have chanted the mantras for all the 9 planets. Once you are done pour the water into the earthen pot.
5. Repeat step 4 for 15 days starting from full moon until the following new moon day.
6. On the last day apply turmeric and kumkum on the pot. Pray to the pot using the 9 navagraha mantras.
7. Now take the pot in your hands and circle it around your body 9 times and then take it to a river or a lake and put the pot there (if it is an earthen pot) if not you can take it to an isolated place and leave the pot there and return home.
Doing this simple ritual with utmost devotion can help you overcome all the malefic effects of planets and strengthen them in your birth chart.
There is a saying in Tamil “Andathil ullathellam pinndathil ullathu” which means whatever is in the macrocosm exists in the microcosm.
So do not doubt the process, but do this for 15 days and experience a change in your life.
For everyday rituals based on your birth chart download the align27 app.
Mantras for all the 9 planets
- Sun – Aum Suryaya Namah
- Moon – Aum Chandraya Namah
- Mars – Aum Mangalaya Namah
- Mercury – Aum Budhaya Namah
- Jupiter – Aum Gurave Namah
- Venus – Aum Shukraya Namah
- Saturn – Aum Shanischaraya Namah
- Rahu – Aum Rahave Namah
- Ketu – Aum Ketave Namah