The Figure of 8 Infinity Walk
An alternative to a general outdoor walk, which also serves as an astrological remedy for Saturn, is an ancient practice invented by Tamil Siddhars (Yogis) from India, called the “8 Walk” or “Infinity Walk”.
The 8 Walk, is where you walk in an 8 shaped pattern and the 8 shape is formed by joining two imaginary circles.
As the planet, Saturn is a Vayu planet (airy element) it can cause one to feel restless. By walking in a certain direction you are able to control that restlessness – so the 8 walk is a perfect remedy for this too.
When should you do the 8 Walk
You can do it every day if you are able to. If not you can do it on the days when the Saturn influence is higher than usual.
- Saturdays – You can do it every Saturday as Saturday is ruled by the planet Saturn.
- On days when Moon transits Saturn ruled Nakshatras which are Pushya, Anuradha, and Uttarabhadrapada.
- On days when the Moon transits titihis (lunar days) ruled by Saturn which are the 7th and 15th tithis.
- When Saturn transits (conjunction and aspects) over your natal planets.
- If you are using the align27 app, you will automatically be reminded about this ritual on the Rituals section of the app.
8 Walk Benefits
- Activates the chakras and all internal organs.
- Good to relieve a stuffy or blocked nose.
- The intake of oxygen while walking energizes the body.
- Aids digestion.
- Helps improve eyesight when concentrating on the figure of 8 line.
- Relieves headache and helps with arthritis or stiffness of joints.
- Helps reduce blood sugar levels and blood pressure with regular practice.
- The physicality of the movement of body parts such as hips, ankles, pelvis, shoulders and head would be greater than a normal walk.
- It’s a way of completing your daily 10,000 steps within a small space or if you are working from home for example.
How to do the 8 walk
- The figure of 8 walk can be done as part of a general daily exercise routine, ideally outdoors but indoors is fine and does not require any special equipment or set up.
- Check the direction of the room / space with the compass on your smartphone and make sure you start by walking South to North (so you would be facing North). This means you will be walking towards and against the earth’s magnetic field.
- Place two objects approx 3 feet apart and the circles should be approx 6 feet in diameter
- Start walking in a clockwise direction for 10-15 minutes and then walk in an anti-clockwise direction for 10-15 minutes.
- Ideally walk barefoot so the different points of your feet are connected to the ground and the pressure points activate internal organs.
- Don’t use this time to catch up with someone on the phone – do the walk with awareness and focus on the walking.
- You may do some simple breathing exercises to keep you focused.
- Do this on an empty stomach before either breakfast or dinner.