On May 14th/15th, 2023, the Sun will transition from Aries, the natural 1st house of self, beginnings, and ego, into Taurus, the natural 2nd house of family, food, wealth, and sustenance. Taurus is an earth sign that emphasizes the value of hard work and practicality.
New York – May 15, 02:15 am until June 15, 08:45 am
London – May 15, 07:15 am until June 15, 01:45 pm
Chennai – May 15, 11:45 am until June 15, 06:15 pm
Sun in Taurus – Rituals and Remedies
- Chant the mantra “Aum Ghrini Aryaman Aditya” in the morning. This mantra is a powerful remedy that can help to appease Lord Aryaman, the Aditya or Sun God who rules over Taurus. By chanting this mantra with devotion and sincerity, you can invite the blessings of the Sun and harness its powerful energies.
- Whenever you’re starting a new project or facing obstacles in your life, chant the mantra “Aum Ekadantaya Namah” to honor the form of Lord Ganesha associated with Taurus, known as Ekadanta. This powerful mantra can help you overcome challenges and find success in your endeavors.
- Somnath is the Jyotirlinga associated with Taurus, and since the Sun’s pratyadi devata is Lord Shiva, you can also pay tribute to the Sun God with the mantra “Aum Namah Shivaya Namo Somanathaya!”
- Taurus is the sign connected to Lord Shiva’s vahan (vehicle) – Nandi (Bull). So you can worship Lord Shiva as Nadikeshwara (Lord of Nandi) with the mantra – Om Nandikeshwaraya Namah.
- Donating food is extremely auspicious during this transit.
- You can also perform Mouna Vrat (vow of silence) as Taurus is the natural 2nd house of speaking. You can do this for an hour or so every day during Sun hora or Rahu Kalam.
- For personalized daily rituals download the align27 app.