Surya (The Sun) moves into the sign of Sagittarius on 15th of December and will stay there until 14th of January.
Note: You can order the 2019 Predictive Horoscope Report here
Sagittarius is ruled by Guru (Jupiter) and is another firey sign in the zodiac along with Aries and Leo and Surya feels comfortable here. But he will have to meet Shani (Saturn) here. And before Sun enters Sagittarius he has to travel through the most feared Gandanta zone which is a sensitive point between water and fire signs.
So the period between 14th of December to 16th of December need to be handled with utmost care as it is not just Sun Sankranti but it is Sun in Gandanta as well. Whenever the Sun changes signs it is called “Sankranti”. Few hours before the shift into the new sign and few hours after it is a very unsettling time for the Sun. It is like when you move into a new home, few days before, during and after the move are not really comfortable as you first pack up your old home, then shift into the new home and then unpack and settle down. So our ancient seers declared these days of transition as unfit for any auspicious beginnings. It is the time to look back at the month that passed, what were the key challenges you faced, what were the pros and cons, most importantly what were the key take aways or lessons you learned etc. You can also use this time wisely to prepare and plan for the month ahead.
The day of Sankranti is extremely auspicious for meditation, prayer, contemplation and self exploration. You will also benefit greatly by reading the scriptures.
Sun will be in Mula Nakshatra from 15th to 28th December after which he will move into Purva Ashadha and join Saturn there. The exact conjunction of Sun and Saturn happens on January 1st, 2019 and shortly after we have our first eclipse of 2019. We will cover more of these transits in the next few days.
For now keep calm, keep things simple and let these days pass by.
Simple and Practical Remedies for Sun Gandanta
1. Chant the Surya Gayatri Mantra 108 times everyday preferably during Sunrise. (Available on the Japa108.com app)
2. Chant Gayatri Mantra thrice a day during each Sandhya.
3. Listen to Aditya Hridayam Stotram and Surya Mandala Stotram. Available on the Sattva App.
4. Meditate twice everyday.
5. Worship the deity of Jyeshtha nakshatra who is Lord Indra and the deity of Mula Nakshatra who is Goddess Nritti. The Nakshatra mantras are available on the Japa108.com app
6. Donate – your time or money in helping people who are less fortunate than you.
7. Worship and Honor your ancestors.
8. Perform Arghya to the Sun.
9. If it is possible for you perform Navagraha Shanti Homa.
10. Offer honey to Shiva Lingam as abhishekam.
11. You can do the Sun Guided Meditation available on the Sattva app.
12. Perform Sun Salutations everyday.