On June 21st, 2020 we have a solar eclipse in Mrigashira nakshatra.
Solar eclipse is a powerful time for meditation, contemplation, prayers, mantras, japa, and other spiritual practices. It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid any materialistic pursuits like moving to a new home, getting married, romantic proposals, asking favors from higher officials, financial transactions, high-value purchases, investments, etc.
This is not a favorable time to make any important decisions as you may not have any clarity. Be aware of heightened emotional tides.
The moon disappears in the sky during Amavasya and a solar eclipse always happens during Amavasya (No moon) while a Lunar eclipse always happens during Purnima (full moon).
This solar eclipse happens with the conjunction of Rāhu which indicates the journey from the outer to the inner realm for the benefit of the outer realm.
Do not surround yourself with people who are negative during the time of eclipses. Associate yourself with people who are vibrant and positive. Do not feel any “Lack” in your life. The energies during the eclipse are very strong, so feel positive and grateful for everything you have and stop your complaining mind with Japa, meditation, and spiritual sadhana. If you are looking for prosperity in your life, then the eclipse is the perfect time to align with prosperity instead of focusing our attention on what we do not have.
Local Timings, Duration and Visibility
Solar Eclipse in Mrigashira Nakshatra – Searching and Seeking
This solar eclipse is happening in the nakshatra of Mrigashira which is all searching. Mars is the ruler of this Nakshatra which makes the search more active. People are on the road and streets rallying for peace trying to find an answer to injustice. Pathways and roads come under the domain of this nakshatra.
Mrigashira translates into “Deer’s head” and the symbol of this nakshatra is also a “deer”. The deer keeps searching for the scent everywhere not knowing that it is coming from within itself, similarly this asterism sends us on an endless search and unless the search is directed inwards it is not going to get fulfilled.
The deer symbolism emphasizes gentleness and meekness, that even in the toughest and most challenging times of your life, you can still be gentle and kind. It also teaches us that violence is not the way to win arguments and that is one of the biggest lessons for the planet Mars.
But just like the deer that raises to the occasion to defend itself from predators, there is an inherent defense mechanism in this asterism. So it is better not to get into any kind of argument during this time.
In the forest deers are always on the move which signifies restlessness that is why it is important to channel the Mrigashira energy and give it a definite path to follow otherwise it could become overwhelming.
Heightened Suspicion is possible in this nakshatra and Eclipses in this nakshatra can cause a lot of suspicion in personal life and in world events. Be attentive to the needs of your loved ones and support them during this time. Do not jump to conclusions about something, just know that you do not have the capability to make a well-informed decision or conclusion at this time.
Do not remain fixated on your opinions during this time. Be open to see life from a different perspective. The more you allow yourself to see beyond your own impressions and opinions the more you will feel at ease. Otherwise, one thing will lead to another and you can end up being in complete disharmony with your own self and with others.
Since the eclipse is happening in this nakshatra avoid all kinds of road and air travel 10 days before and after the eclipse. Do not venture out until and unless it is absolutely necessary. Fickleness is another important aspect of this nakshatra, so any decision you make during this time could be subject to changes after the eclipse is over. So be aware of that.
Mrigashira’s unique quality is to grasp information effortlessly. So you can use this time to learn hidden sciences (8th house) like Ayurveda, astrology, numerology, and palmistry. We at Cosmic Insights are organizing a special beginner’s course during this time. You can sign up here.
Soma or the Moon is the deity of Mrigashira Nakshatra. See below for special Soma mantras to seek protection from Soma during the eclipse. Goddess Parvati (the consort of Lord Shiva) is also considered as the deity of this Nakshatra, so we can invoke her energy by chanting her mantra and call upon her to protect us during this time. The mantra can be found in the rituals section below.
Sudarshan Kriya – Direct your mind inward
When Mrigashira’s restless energy is directed inward it can help you seek answers from within.
During eclipses, The Sun and the Moon are in perfect alignment conducive for spiritual practices.
We at Cosmic Insights are working with the Art of Living foundation to organize online meditation courses during this time. Since this is an extremely powerful time for spiritual pursuits, we highly recommend you to join us on the Online Happiness Program where you can learn the most miraculous Sudarshan Kriya.
Date – June 19th, 20th, 21st
USA and Canada – Register Now
UK and Europe – Register Now
To know how this Eclipse could impact you download the align27 app.
- Check if you have any planets in Gemini and Sagittarius – if you do, then check their lordships and conjunctions to make sense of what you can expect during this time.
- If you have your natal Rahu Ketu in the Gemini/Sagittarius axis then this is a nodal return for you. Please be patient and do not rush into things during this eclipse season.
- Check if you are going through Dasha/Antar Dasha of either Sun, Moon, Rahu, Ketu or any planet that is in Marana Karaka Sthana
- Check the Ashtakavarga scores of the signs where Gemini and Sagittarius fall in your chart.
- Check the position of transit Jupiter in your chart for more clues.
- Use the Nadi Nakshatras or Detailed Tarabala Table on the Cosmic Insights app to see where Mrigashira and Mula occur in your chart and what they signify. For example, if you have Mrigashira or Mula as your Karma nakshatra then you may have to be careful with the work/job you are doing.
- If one of the above Nakshatras is your Abhisheka nakshatra (27th nakshatra from your Janma nakshatra) then performing abhishekam for Lord Shiva is extremely effective for you at this time.
- Avoid looking at the moon.
- Take a shower before and after the eclipse. – Do not bathe during the eclipse. If you are unable to take a shower, take some water chant Aum Namah Shivaya thrice and sprinkle it on your head.
- It is best to fast during the time of the eclipse.
- Do not eat food that is exposed to the eclipse, please cook fresh food after the eclipse.
- Chant “Vishnu, Vishnu, Vishnu” before you drink or eat anything. Make this a daily habit.
- Do not commence any new projects during this time.
Rituals and Remedies
For personalized rituals and mantras that you can chant based on your own birth chart, please download the align27 app. You can also find out about the planets that are impacted in your birth chart during this eclipse and mantras for the same on the align27 app.
Here are some generic rituals you can do.
- Chant Aum Namah Shivaya as many times as you possibly can starting today. When you chant it during the eclipse time, it is extremely powerful.
- Chant the mantra – Aum Som Somāya Namah to strengthen your Moon. You can start doing this few days before the eclipse and continue for a few days after the eclipse as well.
- Worship Lord Shiva as “Somanath” (Somnath means the lord of Soma who is the deity of Mrigashira nakshatra). Pandit Sanjay Rath has given the most beautiful mantra – Aum namah shivaya namo Somanāthaya. You can chant this mantra 108 times.
- Chant the Jyotirlinga mantra of your soul planet for strength and protection.
- Listen to Sri Rudram. You can recite it or just meditate on it.
- Recite, listen to or meditate on Ganesha Atharvasirsha everyday.
- Chant the Durga Mantra “Aum Dum Durgaye Namaha” 108 times.
- Chant the mantra for Goddess Parvati – “Sarva Mangala Maangalye, Shive Sarvaartha Saadhike | Sharanye Tryambake Gaurii, Naaraayanii Namostute”
- Meditation – this is extremely important and it will help you forge ahead in difficult and tough situations.
- Honor your ancestors – Pray for them, be grateful to them and seek their blessings and help.
- Donate – donation done during eclipse times is extremely powerful and beneficial so do not limit yourself in what you can do to help people without expecting anything in return.
- Chant your personalized Surya mantra to strengthen your Sun.
- Touch the part of the finger where each planet is placed in your chart and chant their personalized shiva mantras. You can make this a daily ritual. (Check the align27 app for more details)