Lunar eclipse is a powerful time for meditation, contemplation, prayers, mantras, japa and other spiritual practices. It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid materialistic pursuits.
This is not a favorable time to make any important decisions such as job change, marriage, moving into a new home, high value purchases, investments etc. Be aware of heightened emotional tides.
Local Timings, Duration and Visibility
Lunar Eclipse in Jyeshta Nakshatra
This lunar eclipse is happening in the nakshatra of Jyeshta which is all about power, leadership and ego. The deity governing this nakshatra is Indra – The king of the devas. Eclipses here can be challenging for leaders and may make them insensitive and insensible in their decision making which can bring about a lot of criticism, anger and vengence from the public.
This is a good time to focus our mind inwards and go within. This eclipse is happening near the karmic gandanta zone which further propels spiritual pursuits.
Avoid power struggles and ego trips as the Moon (mind) goes through a lot of churning few days before and after the eclipse. Keep things simple and take it easy.
Issues around Jealousy and revenge attitude may come up, but do not act impulsively as it is not beneficial for you in the long term. The need to guard and protect yourself and your loved ones can cause emotional restlessness. Jyeshta nakshatra can bring interest and involvement with occult sciences like astrology. Few days before and after the eclipse you may have the tendency to magnify your troubles and worries unnecessarily. But this nakshatra will give you the power to rise above any danger or obstacles.
Get initiated into the Sudarshan Kriya
It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid materialistic pursuits during the time of eclipses. The Sun and the Moon are in perfect alignment conducive for spiritual initiations.
We at Cosmic Insights are working with the Art of Living foundation to organize online meditation courses during this time. Since this is an extremely powerful time for spiritual pursuits, we highly recommend you to join us on the Online Happiness Program where you will be initiated into the most miraculous Sudarshan Kriya.
Date – June 19th, 20th, 21st
USA and Canada – Register Now
UK and Europe – Register Now
To know how this Eclipse affects you check the align27 app.
1. Check if you have any planets in Taurus, Scorpio, Sagittarius, and Gemini – if you do, then check their lordships and conjunctions to make sense of what you can expect during this time.
2. If you have your natal Rahu Ketu in the Gemini/Sagittarius axis then this is a nodal return for you. Please be patient and do not rush into things during this eclipse season.
3. Check if you are going through Dasha/Antar Dasha of either Sun, Moon, Rahu, Ketu or any planet that is in Marana Karaka Sthana
4. Check the Ashtakavarga scores of the signs where Taurus, Scorpio, Sagittarius, and Gemini falls in your chart.
5. Check the position of transit Jupiter in your chart for more clues.
6. Use the Nadi Nakshatras or Detailed Tarabala Table to see where Jyeshta, Mula, and Mrigashira nakshatras occur in your chart and what does that signifies. For example, if you have Jyeshta as your Karma nakshatra then you may have to be careful with the work/job you are doing.
7. If one of the above Nakshatras is your Abhisheka nakshatra then performing abhishekam for Lord Shiva is extremely effective for you at this time.
1. Avoid looking at the moon.
2. Take a shower before and after the eclipse. – Do not bathe during the eclipse
3. It is best to fast during the time of the eclipse.
4. Do not eat food that is exposed to the eclipse, please cook fresh food after the eclipse.
5. Chant “Vishnu, Vishnu, Vishnu” before you drink or eat anything. Make this a daily habit.
6. Do not commence any new projects during this time.
7. Avoid power struggles during this time. Be patient and let time be the healer. Do not react to situations immediately. Take a pause and think it through.
Rituals and Remedies
For personalized rituals and mantras that you can chant based on your own birth chart, please download the align27 app.
Here are some generic rituals you can do.
1. Chant Aum Namah Shivaya as many times as you possibly can starting today. When you chant it during the eclipse time, it is extremely powerful.
2. If you have your moon in Scorpio pray to Lord Dattatreya
3. If your birthday falls in the month of June please chant the Maha Mantra every day.
4. Recite, listen to or meditate on Ganesha Atharvasirsha every day.
5. Chant the Durga Mantra “Aum Dum Durgaye Namaha” 108 times.
6. Meditation – this is extremely important and it will help you forge ahead in difficult and tough situations.
7. Honor your ancestors – Pray for them, be grateful to them, and seek their blessings and help.
8. Donate – donation done during eclipse times is extremely powerful and beneficial so do not limit yourself in what you can do to help people without expecting anything in return.
9. Listen to or chant the 6th anuvakam of Sri Rudram Chamakam – It is called Ardhendram in which the names of 20 Vedic deities are coupled with that of Indra. Indra is the ruling deity of Jyestha nakshatra where the full moon is placed during this Lunar eclipse.
I would highly recommend all of you to discover the secrets of your existence by learning how to read your own birth chart.
We are working with Mr. E.K.Dhilip Kumar who is one of India’s leading Vedic Astrologers on Astrology for Beginner’s course.
This course includes 15 sessions spanning across 8 weeks. By the end of the course you will be able to read your own birth chart and understand the concept of Vedic Astrology.
Note: The sessions will be recorded and the recording will be shared with you after each session to assist you in your learning.
Date: Starts June 25th every Thursday and Friday