Timings – June 4, 2022 to Oct 22, 2022
When Saturn is in retrograde it’s our second chance to set things right. If we had failed in certain aspects of life during its transit in Capricorn so far (from Jan 2020) now is the time to make sure we get it right! Retrograde Saturn is in no hurry, so it will give us plenty of time to master it’s lessons before we can move ahead. So if things have slowed down, its time to take a pause and understand the subtle lessons that you may have missed.
The first and foremost thing to do is to erase the idea in our heads that Saturn is a malefic planet meant to cause distress, obstacles and suffering in our lives. Every single planet is here to teach us and guide us to our final destination which is the “self”.
“We need to stop calling Saturn the planet of grief. And instead start calling Saturn the planet of Rest.”
-Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
Most of the times we suffer in life because we are out of tune with what’s destined for us. Hence we need some kind of an event or an action or happening to wake us and shake us up so that we eventually start moving towards our own unique destination. And that is why Saturn is a great help, a great friend and a guide who has our interests in mind and takes all the blame and curses we shower on it, but is untouched by it.
When you are able to break all the myths and make friends with your Saturn, you will embark on the most beautiful journey. This awareness is the key to enjoy this transit rather than suffer and wait for it to end.
Retrograde Saturn is extremely strong and people with retrograde Saturn in their charts are the ones who work hard even though they are not successful at the first attempt, they keep trying until they get it and they do not give up easily and this leads to frustration and disappointments.
The main lesson for them is to relax and let go and allow the divine energy to help them. (Karma Yoga)
For the past few years, I do this simple this ritual during Saturn Retrogrades and it has helped me a lot.
- Pause and take some time out to go through whatever happened in your life from Jan 2020.
- Write down the most unpleasant experiences and events that happened.
- Think about what lessons did each of those events try to teach you.
- Evaluate if you learned those lessons.
- If you have not learned those lessons, then take a commitment to learn from those unpleasant events.
- Stick to your commitment!
Saturn Retrograde is all about the second Chance to improve aspects of life that Saturn pointed out when he was direct.
Remedies for Saturn Retrograde
- You can listen to the Narayana Kavacham every day.
- Worship Bhaga Aditya who is connected to the sign Capricorn, you can do this in the morning by looking at the Sun with reverence and gratitude. You can chant the mantra – Aum Ghrini Bhaga Aditya (I learned this mantra from Pandit Sanjay Rath).
- Do the 8 walk or infinity walk on Saturdays.
- Worship Lord Kalabhairava on Saturdays. You can do so by listening to or chanting the Kalabhairava Ashtakam.
- Donate to people who need support. Especially to old age homes, people who need medical help, etc.
- Walk barefoot on Grass whenever you can.
- Listen to Sri Rudram and if you have a Shiv Lingam you can perform a simple Abhishekam on Mondays.