“Amrit is in the Waters; in the Waters, there is a healing balm.”
Water is praised in the Vedas as the giver of life, the source of healing and source of soma – “the juice of life”, which represents our deep feeling of fulfillment, joy and bliss. In our inner universe water element represents our emotions, feeling of abundance and optimism, fertility (metaphorically and literally), ability to love and general feeling of flow in life – qualities connected with our sacral chakra (svadhishthana).
The quality of water element in our life is read in our birth chart through the tithi, lunar phase we were born on. And no wonder that ancient rishis presecribed this exact part of Panchang to water element: it is the Moon, after all, which has the greatest impact on the water on our planet. Whenever the Moon is full, all waters become more abundant and disturbed – while during New Moon they are naturally more suppressed and calm.
As our body is made in 65% of water, lunar phases have enormous influence on our consciousness, body, mind and emotions – the same way how Moon affects the water in nature. Changing phases of the Moon influence even the chakras in our energy body and breathing patterns. Above all, however, the lunar phase ruling on our day of birth, is leaving a permanent blueprint in our consciousness and determines our emotional patterns.
Understanding tithis in one’s birth chart is understanding how the flow of emotions in our consciousness alternates certain influences in our birth chart. Even though it is a very rarely used tool in Vedic Astrology (we all tend to naturally underestimate the power of emotions, isn’t it), you can get amazing insights into the chart of the native, just by analysing it from the perspective of tithi lord, tithi rashi or tithi kshetra – and sometimes with the help of the tithi and true undertanding of lunar phase in a birth chart, you can read much more about native’s happiness, financial flow, joy in relationships, peace of mind and emotional health, than you would do without it. If the flow of water or soma is disturbed in a birth chart and in our life in anyway, we might find it very hard to evolve and grow in life. But, no worries – there are ways to heal it.
How to practically heal water element in your birth chart?
1. Energise your water on the moonlight. Keep a glass of water (or, ideally, in a silver pot) on the moonlight, on the exact lunar day you were born. Look at the Moon and make a short prayer, as well as ask for permission to receive some of its healing rays. You might also like to say some specific intention, affirmation or mantra to the water. Keep this water with yourself throughout the month and use a few drops, whenever you need to bring a bit more balance or a better flow into your mind and emotions. This is a very powerful remedy.
2. Energise your water on the yantra. Unfortunately, due to the clouds, it is not always possible to see the Moon and energize your water in that way. However, each lunar day also has its presiding Goddess – and each of these Goddesses has a yantra, too. You can also keep your glass of water on the exact lunar day you were born on the yantra of your tithi (you can find all the yantras in “Journey with the Moon” – yantras colored by you personally are the best).
3. Connect with the Divine Mother presiding over your lunar day. There is no better way to heal the water element within you than by connecting to the exact form of the Divine Mother or Nitya Devi, which was presiding over your lunar day – as it automatically heals the Moon within you. (You can find all the Goddesses and their mantras in “Journey with the Moon”, too.) Meditation with the Goddess presiding over your lunar day is a very powerful remedy.
4. Keep your water on NE of your apartment. Northeast direction enhances the healing properties of water and all the herbs according to Vastu Shastra. You might also like to make sure that Northeast of your apartment is as spacious, empty and full of light as possible.
5. Keep your body well hydrated. Do not underestimate this simple remedy. If you water element needs some improvement, this is the first thing you might like to do. Support absorbing water in your body by adding some aloe vera juice or coconut water.
Join our unique course on tithis to discover more amazing and in-depth knowledge about sacred lunar phases.