Today (March 17) is Narasimha Dwadashi the day that is dedicated to worshipping Lord Narasimha. The Shukla Paksha Dwadashi (12th lunar day in the bright half phase of the moon) in the month of Phalguna is celebrated as Narasimha Dwadashi.
Lord Narasimha is an avatar of Lord Vishnu connected to the planet Mars.
Worshipping Lord Narasimha brings courage, valor and protection.
According to legend, once an Asura king Hiranyakashyap wanted to avenge Lord Vishnu over his brother’s death. He had received a boon from Lord Brahma that made him nearly invincible. However, Hiranyakashyap’s son Prahlad was an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu. Hence, Hiranyakashyap tried to kill him many times but all in vain. Once Hiranyakashyap asked Prahlad for the proof the existence of Lord Vishnu, Prahlad pointed to a pillar. An angry Hiranyakashyap banged his mace against the pillar. Suddenly, Lord Vishnu appeared from the pillar in the ferocious manifestation of Narasimha and killed Hiranyakashyap. Prahlad’s victory over his enemy is seen as a victory of good over evil. His devotion to Lord Vishnu saved his life.
1. Chant the Narasimha Gayatri mantra during Mars hora. Minimum of 21 times. – “Aum Narasimhaye vidmahe vajranakhaya dhimahi tan no simhah Prachodayat.”
2. Listen to Vishnu Sahasranama
3. Recite the Snan mantra while taking a shower.
4. Chant the Mars mantra personalised to your own birth chart 108 times. You can find this on the Cosmic Insights, align27 or japa108 app.
5. Do Surya Namaskar (as tomorrow is Sunday ruled by the Sun) and yoga poses such as the warrior pose which is connected to planet Mars.
6. Avoid intense arguments or discussions during Saturn hora. Given that tomorrow is Sunday ruled by the Sun. Sun and Saturn are enemies. The date 17 also adds upto 8 which is Saturn’s number. The nakshatra thay the moon will Transit tomorrow is pushya ruler by Saturn.
7. Tomorrow is also Ravi Pushya yoga – Pushya nakshatra that falls on Sunday. So worship the Sun God by performing arghya and listen to or recite the Aditya Hridayam.
8. Brihaspati (Jupiter) is the deity of Pushya Nakshatra so apply Turmeric on your forehead and chant the Guru Beeja mantra or Guru Navagraha mantra.