Mars and Saturn
Saturn is all about limitations, restrictions, discipline, practicality, dispassion, obstacles, rules, law, restraint, stability, oppression, etc.
Mars is all about passion, aggressiveness, energy, innovation, instigation, action, activity, freedom, rebellious, courage etc
So when these two opposite energies combine, we may experience progress and setbacks, pull and push, start and stop and other opposing factors that can cause frustration and angst.
But on a positive note, Mars represents energy and Saturn is all about long term sustenance. So this combination can also relate to Sustained energy.
Mars’s energy when combined with Saturn’s discipline can produce something remarkable as well. So this is not as bad as it is projected to be. If we are willing to make an effort to understand this energy, we will be able to use it in a positive way.
There is one thing that is common between Mars and Saturn and that is “Fear”. Both these planets cause some kind of fear within us and hence they are coined as malefics.
“Our fear response is an ancient alarm system that evolved in an environment where mortal danger was the norm. In such an environment, a false alarm (I thought it was deadly but it turned out to be harmless) was a better evolutionary bet than a miss (I thought it was harmless but it turned out to be deadly). Yet, in our new, relatively safe environment, this ancient system tends to overreact needlessly, urgently alerting us to nonexistent danger. What used to be meaningful signal is now mostly trivial noise.” – Noam Shpancer Ph.D.
Mars is known to inspire rather force us to face our fears with courage. Mars is after all the warrior of the planet kingdom. And conquering fear is one of his top agendas.
Whereas, Saturn wants you to be careful so he creates unwanted fear within us which makes us imagine the worst case scenarios.
So how do we balance these opposing energies? Because it is very clear to us that fear prevents us from moving forward. Mars is screaming out loud – Hey you! Get out of this trap, there is nothing to fear, come on!
Where as Saturn on the other hand is calmly pointing out all the reasons why we may fail and how we may fail if we attempt to get out of it. Saturn wants you to be trapped.
Mars can make mistakes, because mars does not like to think. Whereas Saturn does not and will not allow you to make mistakes. So if we choose to take the positives of both these energies, we can be successful during this transit. It is wise to follow Mars’s lead and get out of the trap, but only after careful thinking with the help of Saturn’s wisdom.
Though this conjunction is happening since the time Mars entered Capricorn the intense period will be from April 4th, 2022 to April 7th, 2022 where both these planets will transit Dhanishta Pada 2.
The exact conjunction happens on April 4th, 2022 in Dhanishta Nakshatra Pada 2.
For local timings download the align27 app.
The best remedies for Mars and Saturn Conjunction
- Mars is the natural 8th house lord and Saturn is the Karaka of the 8th house. So chanting the mantra “Aum Namo Bhagavate Rudraya” can help to deal with this energy.
- Take a commitment to write mantras like “Aum Namah Shivaya” or “Aum Namo Narayana” or any of your favorite mantras everyday for a minimum of 40 days. Mars represents ink and Saturn represents commitment and things that we do for a longer period of time without a break. So this can help you beyond what you can imagine. In Mantras: Words of Power, Swami Radha describes Likhita Japa as “the written version of repeating mantra…the mantra is written down in lines like sentences, or in shapes and forms…in any design that will help to reinforce your devotions…this repetitive writing brings peace, poise and strength within.”
- You can also worship Lord Hanuman by chanting the Hanuman Chalisa or chant the mantra “Aum harimarkata markataya svaha”.
- Exercise or yoga challenge – Set a goal or challenge for yourself that you will exercise or do yoga everyday for the next 21 days come what way. Use the will power of Mars combined with the discipline of Saturn to follow through and accomplish the goals you have set for yourself. Little things like this will strengthen your Mars and Saturn.
- Meditation – This is the most effective remedy. Meditation when done continuously over a period of time can be extremely effective. Did you know as per Shiv Sutras whatever is happening in our life is almost like a replay. It has already happened in the subtle plane and we feel the effect of it only when it happens on the physical plane. When you begin to meditate, you can tap into what is happening on the subtle planes and when you do that, it is mind boggling. You may somehow do the right thing at the right time as your intuition becomes extremely powerful.
- Listen to Damru music and Shiv Tandav Stotram
- Draw a Trishul or meditate on it.
Practical Tips for Mars/Saturn Conjunction
- Think about the long term consequences (Saturn) before you do any action (Mars).
- Break out of old patterns and let go of things that do not support you anymore. If you are always of the kind that simply wants to venture into the unknown and take risks, try to change that attitude by mixing it up with a little bit of maturity and structure. But if you are someone who always keeps thinking, and then some more thinking and then some more thinking and never end up taking any action then you may have to push yourself hard to act. You can easily do a self analysis of which energy is stronger in you. Mars or Saturn ? Once you do that, it becomes easy to balance them.
- Be Kind – Everyone around us will be going through this transit, so lets practice kindness 🙂
For personalized insights and remedies download the align27 app.