Magha Purnima is the day of the full moon that occurs during the Hindu calendar month of Magha. This year it occurs on 16th February, 2022. Download the Cosmic Insights app for local timings.
It is said that a person is freed from all the sins when he takes bath in the holy Ganges on Magha Purnima.
- Magha Purnima is significant for a ritualistic bath in holy rivers, if you are unable to do so, wake up during Brahma Muhurta (ambrosial hours before sunrise), take a shower and chant this mantra while you do so.
गङ्गे च यमुने चैव गोदावरि सरस्वति ।नर्मदे सिन्धु कावेरि जलेऽस्मिन् संनिधिं कुरु ॥
Gangge Ca Yamune Cai[a-E]va Godaavari Sarasvati |
Narmade Sindhu Kaaveri Jale-[A]smin Sannidhim Kuru ||
- Donate in the name of your ancestors and pray for them. Remember them fondly and share memories about them with your family and friends. It is an auspicious day to donate sesame to brahmins.
- You can do the Full Moon guided meditation by Gurudev srisriravishankar
- Perform the Satyanarayanan Puja if possible and read the Satyanarayana Katha. This is the most powerful way of purification and surrender and is one of the greatest remedies for Saturn who rules Purnima.
- For personalized rituals you can do today based on your birth chart tap here.