The lunar eclipse is a powerful time for meditation, contemplation, prayers, mantras, japa, and other spiritual practices. It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid materialistic pursuits.
This is not a favorable time to make any important decisions such as job change, marriage, moving into a new home, high-value purchases, investments, etc. Be aware of heightened emotional tides.
When you make time to improve yourself on the day of the Eclipse, it will accelerate the healing of old wounds which can help you transform your life for the better.
Lunar Eclipse (Nov 2020) Personalized Remedies Report
The personalized rituals and remedies report will give you practical guidelines and rituals that you can start doing before the eclipse and specific rituals that you can do on the day of the eclipse.
Local Timings, Duration, and Visibility
The eclipse happens on Nov 30, 2020.
Download the align27 app or Cosmic Insights app for local timings.
Rituals, Guidelines, and Remedies
For personalized rituals and mantras that you can chant based on your own birth chart, get the report or download the align27 app. You can also find out about the planets that are impacted in your birth chart during this eclipse and the remedies for the same on the align27 app.
- 3 days before and after an eclipse avoid making important decisions or starting something new (material life).
- Honor your food – Be grateful to those who provide you the food starting from the divine, the farmers, the person who cooks and feeds you. Taurus is the natural 2nd house of food and Rohini nakshatra is connected to the nourishment we get from the food intake. You can start chanting a simple mantra before you eat food or drink water.
- Chant the Savitur Gayatri mantra every day.
- Worship Lord Dattatreya.
- Listen to or meditate on the Vishnu Sahasranama.
- If you can, please fast for the duration of the eclipse. Especially if the eclipse is visible in your locality.
- Take a shower after the eclipse and during your shower keep chanting the below mantra to cleanse yourself and for purification.
“गङ्गे च यमुने चैव गोदावरि सरस्वति ।
नर्मदे सिन्धु कावेरि जलेऽस्मिन् संनिधिं कुरु ॥
Gangge Ca Yamune Caiva Godaavari Sarasvati |
Narmade Sindhu Kaaveri Jalesmin Sannidhim Kuru ||
- The eclipse is happening in Rohini Nakshatra so please worship Lord Ganesha associated with this asterism – Vighna Ganapati
- Feed cows after the eclipse. If you are unable to do this you can donate to Goshalas. The animal associated with the sign Taurus where the eclipse is happening is the Bull which is the Vahana (vehicle) of Lord Shiva.
- Donate – donation done during eclipse times is extremely powerful and beneficial so do not limit yourself in what you can do to help people without expecting anything in return.
- Honor your ancestors – on the day of the eclipse Pray for them, be grateful to them and seek their blessings and help.
- The eclipse on the Full Moon can be used to Honor Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi. You can listen to or meditate on the Vishnu Sahasranama and Ashta Lakshmi Stotram during the duration of the eclipse.
- Worship Lord Dattatreyaya during the duration of the eclipse.
- Chant the Savitur Gayatri mantra 10 x 108 times during the duration of the eclipse
Get initiated into the Sudarshan Kriya
It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid materialistic pursuits during the time of eclipses. The Sun and the Moon are in perfect alignment conducive for spiritual initiations.
We at Cosmic Insights are working with the Art of Living foundation to organize online meditation courses during this time. Since this is an extremely powerful time for spiritual pursuits, we highly recommend you to join us on the Online Happiness Program where you will be initiated into the most miraculous Sudarshan Kriya.
To know how this Eclipse affects you check the align27 app.
- Check if you have any planets in Taurus and Scorpio – if you do, then check their lordships and conjunctions to make sense of what you can expect during this time.
- Check if you have your Arudha Lagna in the above-mentioned positions.
- If you have your natal Rahu Ketu in the Taurus/Scorpio axis then this is a nodal return for you. Please be patient and do not rush into things during this eclipse season.
- Check if you are going through Dasha/Antar Dasha of either Sun, Moon, Rahu, Ketu, or any planet that is in Marana Karaka Sthana.
- Check the Ashtakavarga scores of the signs where Sagittarius and Gemini fall in your chart.
- Use the Nadi Nakshatras or Detailed Tarabala Table to see where Rohini, Mrigashira, and Anuradha nakshatras occur in your chart and what does that signify. For example, if you have Rohini as your Karma nakshatra then you may have to be careful with the work/job you are doing.
- If one of the above Nakshatras is your Abhisheka nakshatra then performing abhishekam for Lord Shiva is extremely effective for you at this time.
Do not surround yourself with people who are negative during the time of eclipses. Associate yourself with people who are vibrant and positive. Do not feel any “Lack” in your life. The energies during the eclipse are very strong, so feel positive and grateful for everything you have and stop your complaining mind with Japa, meditation, and spiritual sadhana. If you are looking for prosperity in your life, then the eclipse is the perfect time to align with prosperity instead of focusing our attention on what we do not have.