According to Phaladeepika (classical treatise on Hindu astrology written by Mantreswara), one of the best ways to asses the strength of a planet is to check its dignity in 10 divisional charts. (Some consider 13 divisional charts).
If a planet is in exaltation, friend’s house or its own house, it is considered to be in good dignity.
If a planet has good dignity in 2 of the divisional charts then it is said to be in Parijatamsa, 3 charts – Uttamamsa, 4 charts – Gopuramsa, 5 charts – Simhasanamsa, 6 charts – Paravatamsa, 7 charts – Devalokamsa, 8 Charts – Suralokamsa.
To check if you have any planets in these Amshas checkout the Amshas feature on the Cosmic Insights app!
The Auspicious Results
- Parijatamsa (dignity in 2 charts) — Respected, good qualities, wealth, happiness, authority and dignity.
- Uttamamsa (dignity in 3 charts) — Modest, clever and well-behaved.
- Gopuramsa (dignity in 4 charts) — Intelligence, wealth, acquisition of lands, knowledge and lands. It is said that Jupiter in Gopuramsa can even help you remember your past lives.
- Simhasanamsa (dignity in 5 charts) — Makes you on par with a king.
- Paravatamsa (dignity in 6 charts) — Acquisition of comfort, luxury, conveyance and vehicles and a royal status.
- Devalokamsa (dignity in 7 charts) — Status of a King bestwowed with and known for their good qualities.
- Suralokamsa (dignity in 8 charts) — Status of a King, Good fortune, prosperity, acquisition of massive wealth, blessed with progeny and all the comforts and powers of the universe.
Thank you for your guidance.
May my reign be just, selfless and lead to progressive changes that cement humans as a respected star going peaceful civilization.
May God bless me and full fill my wish. Thank you so much for your guidance.