In Panchang, one of the most important aspects is the yoga which is derived from the addition of Sun and Moon. There are 27 yogas and each yoga can be mapped to a Nakshatra. The first yoga is called Vishkumbha and is mapped to Pushya Nakshatra. Based on this mapping the Lord of the Yogas can be determined. Since Pushya Nakshatra is ruled by Saturn, Vishkumbha is lorded by Saturn.
The planet that lords the yoga becomes a Yogi Planet (lucky planet) and Ava yogi (unlucky planet) is the 6th planet in Vimshottari order.
If you are born in the Yoga called Vyaghata, the nakshatra that corresponds to it is Purva Ashada whose ruler is Venus. So Venus becomes the Yogi Planet. In Vimshottari Order (Venus, Sun, Moon, Mars, Rahu, Jupiter) Jupiter is the 6th planet and it becomes the Ava Yogi Planet.
Duplicate Yogi or Saha Yogi is the planet that rules the sign where the yogi planet is placed. For example for Vyaghata Yoga – Purva Ashada nakshatra is in the sign of Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter which becomes the Duplicate Yogi.
The birth Panchang section of the Cosmic Insights app shows the Yogi, Avayogi and Duplicate Yogi planets in your birth chart.
How to analyse Yogi and Ava Yogi Planets in your Birth Chart?
- Find the planets in your Yogi’s Nakshatra – these planets, the house they occupy and the house they rule becomes auspicious. For example if your Yogi Planet is Venus – if you have planets in Bharani, Purva Phalguni and Purva Ashada, they become very powerful. Similarly, If you have planets in your Ava Yogi’s Nakshatra, they can cause little hiccups.
- The house occupied by the Yogi Planet and aspected by the Yogi planet gets a lift and the house occupied or aspected by the Ava Yogi planet can go through some troubles.
- Ava Yogi planet placed in Dusthana Houses 6, 8 or 12 is very good. It destroys the Ava Yogi’s capabilities to cause harm.
- Malefic Planets like Saturn, Rahu, Ketu and Mars can become benefic if they are the Yogi Planets.
- A planet that is conjoined or aspected by the Yogi becomes powerful.
- If the Duplicate Yogi is placed in the Nakshatra of the Yogi planet it bestows wealth and prosperity.
- Ava Yogi placed in Dagdha Rashis becomes excellent.
- Ava Yogi planet placed in Nakshatra of it’s enemies can bestow great results.
- Ava Yogi planet placed in the nakshatra of Yogi or Saha Yogi bestows great results after initial hurdles.
- The placement of Rahu and Ketu in the nakshatra of Ava Yogi or in conjunction with Ava Yogi is beneficial and can provide great results.
- When the Ascendant is placed in the nakshatra of the Yogi Planet it provides great fortune and prosperity. Similarly, when the Ascendant is placed in the nakshatra of Ava Yogi planet it can bring about a few challenges and obstacles. Remedies can help to overcome them.