Ganesh Jayanti is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha – The Remover of obstacles. It is celebrated on Shukla Chathurthi (4th waxing moon) in the vedic month of Magha. This year it falls on Jan 24th/25th, based on where you live. For local timings download the align27 app.
This is celebrated mainly in south india and Maharashtra. In most parts of India Ganesh Chaturthi or Jayanti is celebrated in the month of Bhadrapada (Aug/Sep).
For personalized Ganesh Chathurthi rituals based on your birth chart download the align27 app.
Ganesh Jayanti Rituals
1. Chant the Ganesha Atharvasirsha if you know it, if not you can close your eyes and listen to it.
2. Chant your personalized Ganesha mantra based on the placement of Ketu in your birth chart. If you do not know it, then chant the generic mantra – Aum Gam Ganapataye Namah.
3. Worship Lord Ganesha with the Lam Bija Mantra. You can keep chanting “Lam” as many times as possible. You can also meditate on your Muladhara Chakra (base of the spine) while doing so.
4. If you have Ketu in conjunction with another planet in your Navamsha chart, then you can honor the deities connected to those planets. More information about this is available on the align27 app.
5. You can chant the 16 names of Ganesha today (it can also be done everyday before you start your day). See below for the 16 mantras.
6. For more rituals download the align27 app.
16 Powerful Ganesha Mantras that you can chant every day!
1. Om Sumukhāya namaḥ
2. Om ēkadantāya namaḥ
3. Om kapilāya namaḥ
4. Om gajakarṇakāya namaḥ
5. Om lambōdarāya namaḥ
6. Om vikaṭāya namaḥ
7. Om vighnarājāya namaḥ
8. Om gaṇādhipāya namaḥ
9. Om dhūmrakētavē namaḥ
10. Om gaṇādhyakṣāya namaḥ
11. Om phālacandrāya namaḥ
12. Om gajānanāya namaḥ
13. Om vakratuṇḍāya namaḥ
14. Om śūrpakarṇāya namaḥ
15. Om hērambāya namaḥ
16. Om skandapūrvajāya namaḥ