Use the align27.com app to check your local timings and to find the appropriate hora (hour).
Chitra Pournami is celebrated when the full moon is in the Tamil month of “chithirai”. It is an extremely powerful full moon day.
This full moon is a powerful time to get rid of the sins we have accumulated. Lord Chitra Gupta helps Lord Yama by keeping an account of all our good and bad karmas which is known as the “Akashic Records”. It is based on his tracking, we are given a final judgment. So this day is extremely auspicious to seek forgiveness to the divine and get HIS blessings.
It is an amazing time to seek forgiveness. If you have hurt people around you, this is a great opportunity to apologize and move on.
1. Dhaan – Donate money or your time to help people who are less fortunate than you.
2. Dhyan – Do the full moon guided meditation by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar available on the Sattva App.
3. Worship the Sun God in the morning with the Gayatri Mantra.
4. Light a lamp and then write down the sins or mistakes you have committed knowingly or unknowingly. Keep it in front of your Ishta Devata and Chant this prayer 3 times. Once you finish chanting. Offer Turmeric, flowers and incense and then burn the paper.
The forgiveness Prayer:
कायेन वाचा मनसेन्द्रियैर्वा
बुद्ध्यात्मना वा प्रकृतेः स्वभावात् ।
करोमि यद्यत्सकलं परस्मै
गुरुवरायेति समर्पयामि ॥
Kaayena Vaacaa ManaseIndriyairvaa
Buddhy[i]-Aatmanaa Vaa Prakrteh Svabhaavaat |
Karomi Yad-Yat-Sakalam Parasmai
Guru-Varaayeti Samarpayaami ||
(Whatever I do) with my Body, Speech, Mind or Sense Organs, (Whatever I do) using my Intellect, Feelings of Heart or (unconsciously) through the natural tendencies of my Mind, Whatever I do, I do all for others (i.e. without the sense of attachment to the results), (And) I Surrender them all at the Lotus Feet of the Supreme Guru.
6. Write down your current financial status and also what you need to become prosperous. Keep the paper on your altar.
7. Take a blank paper and write with a new pen preferably – First you write the mantra “Aum Gam Ganapataye Namah” then write “Aum Chitra Guptaye Namah” 11 times. While writing keep an intention that your life will be filled with positivity, prosperity and abundance.
For personalized rituals based on your own birth chart download the align27.com app.