Full moon in Chitra Nakshatra – Chaitra Purnima Rituals
Use the align27.com app to check your local timings and to find the appropriate hora (hour).
Chaitra Purnima is celebrated when the full moon falls in the constellation of Chitra. It is an extremely powerful full moon day as this is the first full moon after the Hindu New Year. This is also the day in which Lord Hanuman was born and it is celebrated as Hanuman Jayanti.
This full moon is a powerful time to get rid of the sins we have accumulated. Lord Chitra Gupta helps Lord Yama by keeping an account of all our good and bad karmas which is known as the “Akashic Records”. It is based on his tracking, we are given a final judgment. So this day is extremely auspicious to seek forgiveness to the divine and get HIS blessings.
With Venus the planet of relationships being exalted in the sign of Pisces, it is an amazing time to mend relationships. If you have hurt people around you, this is an opportunity to seek forgiveness and move on.
1. Dhaan – Donate money or your time to help people who are less fortunate than you.
2. Dhyan – Do the full moon guided meditation by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar available on the Sattva App.
3. Worship the Sun God in the morning with the Gayatri Mantra.
4. Light a lamp and then write down the sins or mistakes you have committed knowingly or unknowingly. Keep it in front of your Ishta Devata and Chant this prayer 3 times. Once you finish chanting. Offer Turmeric, flowers and incense and then burn the paper.
The forgiveness Prayer:
कायेन वाचा मनसेन्द्रियैर्वा
बुद्ध्यात्मना वा प्रकृतेः स्वभावात् ।
करोमि यद्यत्सकलं परस्मै
गुरुवरायेति समर्पयामि ॥
Kaayena Vaacaa ManaseIndriyairvaa
Buddhy[i]-Aatmanaa Vaa Prakrteh Svabhaavaat |
Karomi Yad-Yat-Sakalam Parasmai
Guru-Varaayeti Samarpayaami ||
1: (Whatever I do) with my Body, Speech, Mind or Sense Organs,
2: (Whatever I do) using my Intellect, Feelings of Heart or (unconsciously) through the natural tendencies of my Mind,
3: Whatever I do, I do all for others (i.e. without the sense of attachment to the results),
4: (And) I Surrender them all at the Lotus Feet of the Supreme Guru.
6. Write down your current financial status and also what you need to become self-sufficient. Keep the paper in your altar.
7. Worship Lord Hanuman by chanting the Hanuman Chalisa and the verse from Vishnu Sahasranama
“राम राम रामेति रमे रामे मनोरमे ।सहस्रनाम तत्तुल्यं रामनाम वरानने ॥
Raama Raama Raameti Rame Raame Manorame | Sahasra-Naama Tat-Tulyam Raama-Naama Varanane||
1: By meditating on “Rama Rama Rama” (the Name of Rama), my Mind gets absorbed in the Divine Consciousness of Rama, which is Transcendental,
2: The Name of Rama is as Great as the Thousand Names of God (Vishnu Sahasranama).
8. Worship Lord Dattatreya with the mantra “Sri Gurudev Datta” during Jupiter hora.
For personalized rituals based on your own birth chart download the align27.com app.
Credit – GreenMsg for mantra and mantra translation