Lord Ganesha is the remover of obstacles and he is invoked during any auspicious beginnings.
There is a technique you can learn to become like Ganesha! In india it is commonly called “Thoppukaranam”
Lord Ganesha is the Guardian of the Muladhara (base) chakra. Muladhara chakra houses the kundalini energy. On the spiritual path it is important to get entry past the muladhara chakra to activate the kundalini energy. When that energy is awakened we get access to the powers of Lord Ganesha.
1. Hold your right ear using the thumb and forefinger of your left hand.
2. Hold your left ear using the thumb and forefinger of your right hand.
3. Note – The thumb should be in the front and the forefinger at the back of the ear.
4. Note – The right arm should be outside for this technique to work!
5. Keep your feet shoulder width apart.
6. Connect your tongue to the palate.
7. Do a squat – breathe in while sitting down and breathe out when getting up.
8. You can practice this up to 14 times a day!
9. You may face east to get the maximum benefits.
10. The best time to do this is before your food and after some breathing exercises!
In India people used to do this in front of Lord Ganesha. It is known to increase the level of your awareness and alertness and make you more intelligent. It also activates the parts of the brain that can connect us with the divine energy and become a doorway to the supreme state of consciousness.