If you do not know your nakshatra, visit NakshatraFinder.com
Anuradha Nakshatra Characteristics
For a detailed analysis of your chart download the align27.com app!
- Like the lotus flower, you have the ability to rise and shine through the muddy waters.
- In any situation, you have the capability to remain pure and untainted.
- You like to bring people together, motivate them and inspire them to work towards a common goal.
- Once you have decided to pursue something, you have it in you to even make your enemies work with you to help you.
- You never stop learning. It is always part of you.
- At least once in life, you would have tried your hand at creating music, either for your own pleasure or for others.
- You excel at communication and you can easily get rid of conflict through proper communication.
- You have a deep need for freedom. When it is curbed it is not easy for you to function.
- You love occult sciences like numerology, astrology, Ayurveda etc.
- You are a rebel when it comes to questioning orthodox thinking. You are not shy to start a revolution when you find things are not working the way they should.
- You love being around people and friends but it has to be balanced with some headspace and aloofness.
- You are extremely sensitive inside, even though you come across as a tough person on the outside.
- You are very innovative and you can be a great leader whom people love.
- You are extremely devotional and often at times, you have someone or something in your life where you channel this energy.
- You love to travel to foreign lands and learn more about their culture and values.
- You are extremely curious and that inspires you to travel.
To learn more about Nakshatras and planetary transits download the Cosmic Insights app.
Shakti of Anuradha Nakshatra
The power or shakti of Anuradha nakshatra is Radhana Shakti (The Power “of Worship”)
“Love can become devotion. Love is the first step; only then can devotion flower.
If your love grows deeper, the other becomes more and more significant – so significant that you begin to call the other your god.
That is why Meera goes on calling Krishna, God. No one can see Krishna, and Meera cannot prove that Krishna is there, but she is not interested in proving it at all. And remember, whether you make a real person your love object or whether it is just your imagination, it makes no difference, because the whole transformation comes through devotion, not through the beloved – remember this. Krishna may not be there at all; it is irrelevant. For the lover, it is irrelevant.
For Radha, Krishna was there in reality. For Meera, Krishna was not there in reality. That is why Meera is a greater devotee than Radha. For Meera, Krishna is everything and all. She cannot prove it; it is irrational. But she took a jump and she became transformed. Devotion freed her.
This feeling that Krishna is there, this total feeling of love, this total surrender, this losing oneself into one who may be or may not be, this losing itself is the transformation. Suddenly one is purified – totally purified – because when the ego is not there you cannot be impure in any way. Because the ego is the seed of all impurity.
The feeling of ego is the root of all madness. For the feeling world, for the world of the devotee, the ego is the disease. Ego dissolves, and it dissolves in only one way; there is no other way. There is only one way: the other becomes so important, so significant, that by and by you fade out and disappear. One day you are no more; just a consciousness of the other remains. ” – Osho
Vedic Deity of Anuradha Nakshatra
Anuradha nakshatra is ruled by Mitra who is one among the 12 Adityas. Mitra is often invoked with Varuna the protector or Rta (cosmic laws). Mitra is the divine embodiment of honesty, contracts, meetings, friendships and cordial relationships.
He can be worshipped at dawn with the mantra – “Aum Ghrini Mitra Aditya”
The Symbol of Anuradha Nakshatra
Lotus is the symbol of Anuradha Nakshatra. Lotus flower grows in dirty and muddy waters but manages to transform itself into the most spiritual flower.
Similarly, people with prominent planets in Anuradha nakshatra may have a lot of early setbacks but they do have the power to withstand, transform and succeed in the end. The lotus flower’s journey from muddy water to a glorious blossom teaches us that if we withstand the pain and suffering we will eventually succeed.
Anuradha Nakshatra Ruler – Saturn Vs the Ruler of Scorpio – Mars
Anuradha Nakshatra is ruled by the disciplinarian and hard-working Saturn and it sits in the zodiac sign of Scorpio ruled by Mars. Mars and Saturn are natural enemies as they are opposing energies. Mars wants to act without thinking which is a big set back to the Saturnian way of doing things slowly with patience and precaution. That is why Mars gets exalted in the sign of Saturn (Capricorn) where it learns to channel its positive energy with discipline and hard work. Saturn, on the other hand, debilitates in the sign of Mars (Aries) unable to keep up with the martian way of doing things.
This energy gives Anuradha the passion to do things and the perseverance needed to succeed.
Mudra for Anuradha Nakshatra – Ganesha Mudra
This mudra is the perfect remedy to harmonize the opposing energies of Mars and Saturn.
And the co-ruler of Scorpio is Ketu and Lord Ganesha is the deity associated with Ketu.
Lord Ganesha is known as the remover of obstacles. Rightly named after HIM, this Mudra helps you release all the stress and tension that’s prevalent in your life so you can move forward with confidence and courage. Most of the time we are held back by our own mind and emotions that create stress. When the mind is entangled in useless pursuits, we lose track of the higher purpose and the bigger picture and get stuck. When energy does not flow freely, we are unable to imbibe positivity and get bogged down by negativity.
Perform the Ganesha Mudra with utmost devotion to gain courage and confidence that will help you cruise through obstacles and succeed in your endeavors.
Hold your left hand in front of your chest with the palm facing outward. Bend the fingertips and grasp the left hand with your right hand.
Take a long deep breath and exhale slowly. As you exhale pull the hands apart vigorously without releasing the fingers. You may feel some tension in the upper arm and chest. After holding it for a few seconds let go slowly and repeat. You can also chant the mantra “Aum Gam Ganapathaye Namaha” silently in your heart when you do this Mudra. You can repeat this 5 or more times and then do the same thing with your right hand.
While exhaling, vigorously pull the hands apart without releasing the grip. This will tense the muscles of the upper arms and chest area.
Anuradha Nakshatra Remedies
- Listen to music that opens up your heart chakra
- Draw, trace and paint a Female deer. You can also use the color of the planet that is in Anuradha nakshatra in your chart to paint. Female deer is the animal associated with Anuradha Nakshatra.
- The Ganesha associated with Anuradha Nakshatra is Ekadanta Ganapati. Chant the mantra “Aum Ekadanta Ganapataye Namaha” 108 times to get rid of obstacles and get the blessings of Lord Ganesha.
- Chant the Anuradha nakshatra mantra “oṁ ṭam ṭham ḍaṁ anūrādha nakṣatrayai namaḥ” for a minimum of 21 times on days when Moon transits Anuradha nakshatra.
- If you have your lagna or Moon in Anuradha nakshatra, Worship Lord Shiva by offering water, milk and turmeric to Shivling on days when the Moon transits Vishakha nakshatra which is the 27th Nakshatra from Anuradha. The 27th Nakshatra is called “Abhisheka” nakshatra and it is highly auspicious to worship Lord Shiva with Abhishekam on this day. After you complete your abhishekam you can offer flowers and sweets to Lord Shiva.
- For personalized rituals based on your own birth chart download the align27 app.
Favorable activities to do when the Moon transits Anuradha Nakshatra
Scientific Research, Meditation, Occult Study, Foreign Affairs, Healing, Friendship, Accounts/Finances, Reflective sessions, Activities that involve secrecy, Connecting and Socializing with Friends, Group Activities, Travel to Foreign Lands, Immigration, Financial Tasks, Exploration, Introducing and connecting people.
Unfavorable activities to do when the Moon transits Anuradha Nakshatra
Marriage, Confrontation, Inaugurations, Beginnings or Inaugural Events, Routine or common Activities.