Pradakshina is a sanskrit word that means circumambulation where you walk around the deity in a circle as a form of expressing our devotion and worship.
Adi Pradakshina is a special type of Pradakshina and it is one of the best remedies for Saturn. You can do this for a few minutes every day at home or at a temple.
How to do Adi Pradakshina?
1. Keep a strong intention of what you want, and surrender it to the divine.
2. If you are doing it at home, keep your favorite deity as the central point and go around it in clockwise direction.
3. You start walking with right foot in front, then the left foot comes in close contact with the right foot, then again the right foot comes in close contact with the left foot, and it goes on like it.
4. You take short strides based on the size of your feet.
5. It is important to maintain silence and keep your attention on the divine during this process.
6. You can chant the mantra given below when you begin and you can continue with your favorite mantra until you complete.
यानि कानि च पापानि जन्मान्तरकृतानि च ।
तानि सर्वाणि नश्यन्ति प्रदक्षिणपदे पदे ॥
पदे पदे या परिपूजकेभ्यः सद्योऽश्वमेधादिफल ददाति ।
तां सर्वपापक्षयहेतुभूतां प्रदक्षिणां ते परितः करोमि ॥
Yaani Kaani Cha Paapaani Janmaantara-Krtaani Cha |
Taani Sarvaanni Nashyanti Pradakssinna-Pade Pade ||
Pade Pade Yaa Paripuujakebhyah Sadyoshvamedha-adi-Phala Dadaati |
Taam Sarva-Paapa-Kssaya-Hetu-Bhuutaam Pradakssinnaam Te Paritah Karomi ||
(O Lord, Please accept this Pradakshina)
1: Whichever Sins have been committed in various Births, …
2: … All those gets destroyed with every Step of the Pradakshina (Circumambulation),
3: She who at every Step (of the Pradakshina performed) every day, offers worship (to the God), (that act) which gives the Fruits of Ashwamedha Yagya and others, …
4: … and becomes the cause of the destruction of all her Sins, … I do the Pradakshina (Circumambulation) all around You (with the same attitude)
Lyrics and Translation Credit – Greenmesg
The 12th house represents our feet in astrology. Saturn is the karaka (significator) of the 12th House. Jupiter owns the natural 12th house of the zodiac (Pisces) and Venus gets exalted in the natural 12th house.
When you do the Adi Pradakshina with complete devotion it brings a lot of patience and perseverance (the qualities that Saturn wants us to learn), it is also a form of tapasya (Saturn is the karaka of tapasya).
When done with utmost sincerity and devotion it brings out the unconditional love for the divine (exalted venus) and fulfillment of all our desires (Jupiter).
You can also download the align27 app for every day rituals based on your own chart.