The September 9th new moon will be in the Nakshatra of Purva Phalguni in the sign of Leo. Purva Phalguni is all about passion, creativity and the drive to enjoy life to the fullest by opening your heart to the unknown with the trust that everything is going to be just fine.
1. Worship the Sun (Surya) with a simple japa. You can choose any surya mantra you like. “Aum Sri Suryaye Namaha”. You can also meditate on/listen to the Aditya Hridayam Stotram.
2. Contemplate on what you want to achieve during this month, hold a sincere intention and take a commitment to give your 100 percent to get it done. This Nakshatra is ruled by Bhaga (The God of fortune, wealth and relationships) – So you can offer all your desires to HIM.
3. Chant a simple Durga mantra – Aum Dum Durgaye Namaha for Rahu and a Ganesha Mantra for Ketu (Aum Gam Ganapathaye Namaha) as we are also experiencing KalaSarpa Yoga (All the planets hemmed between Rahu and Ketu). The best way to handle this is to find a striking balance between the polar opposites.
4. Get out of your comfort zone and do something fun and relaxing – Purva Phalguni ruled by Venus is all about relaxation, fun, creativity, luxury and the finer things in life.
5. Let go and Trust – New Moon is the time of new beginnings. It is best to “trust blindly” (According to Hindu mythology, Bhaga the deity of this Nakshatra is said to be blind. The story goes that Lord Shiva in the form of Veerabhadra blinded Bhaga as he was the head priest of the yagna conducted by Daksha where Lord Shiva’s consort kills herself when her father Daksha insults her husband. Bhaga is said to be blind when it comes to “Giving” as he does not discriminate. ) So when you trust that whatever is happening is as per the divine plan you will be rewarded.