Sunday is ruled by Sun (Surya) – Sun is one of the most important planets in astrology.
tejasāmapi tejasvī dvādaśātman namo’stu te”
(Salutations to him who is the Lord of stars, planets and zodiac, and the origin of everything in the universe. Salutations to Aditya who appears in twelve forms)
– verse from Aditya Hrudayam
Sun represents our soul, father, ego, health, vitality, leadership qualities, government, authority, etc. Here are 16 ways you can strengthen the Sun in your horoscope!
1. Offer Arghya to the Sun to show your gratitude during sunrise
2. Meditate and contemplate during Brahma Muhurta
3. Surya Namaskar
4. Perform Surya Mudra during Sun hora.
5. Speak the truth and be righteous as the Sun rules Dharma or righteousness.
6. Listen to Aditya Hrudayam given by Sage Agastya to Lord Rama
7. Listen to Surya Mandala Stotram given by Lord Krishna to Arjuna
8. Chant or listen to Gayatri Mantra
9. Perform Pranayama
10. Avoid Egoistic actions
11. Service to father or father figures in your life
12. Worship of Sri Ram (Sun is associated with this avatar of Lord Vishnu). Chant Om Ram Ramaya Namaha -This simple Sanskrit mantra starts to clear the two currents with a slight emphasis on the right or solar side, which is needed in this age of darkness
13. Chant “Om Hraam Hreem Hraum Sah Suryay Namah:” – Beeja mantra for Sun
14. Charity and Donation to people in need.
15. Feed wheat to red ants
16. Drink water in a copper vessel.