For some time now mars is in the spotlight as it is conjunct Ketu the planet of moksha in Capricorn, the sign where Mars is strongest.
On June 27th Mars will turn retrograde in Capricorn. The last time this happened was in 1971. So this is a very rare transit.
It is not a negative transit if we learn to channel the energy of Mars in the right way.
To know more about how this transit will affect you based on your own unique birth chart download the align27 app – www.align27.com
Tomorrow – Moon will cross the Scorpio/Sagittarius Gandanta (Karmic knot) zone as well. Tomorrow being Tuesday the day ruled by Mars, it is wise to be cautious and do some rituals to strengthen the positive effects of Mars and minimize the potential negative influence.
Here are some practical tips to handle this transit
1. Mars is a fiery planet – It is important to take a lot of fluids especially the ones that are cooling for your body like coconut water.
2. Apply Chandan on your forehead – as this can help you cool your nervous system.
3. Pray to Lord Hanuman by reciting or listening to The Hanuman Chalisa.
4. Pray to Lord Ganesha by listening to Sri Ganesha Atharvasirsha . Ganesha is the deity of Ketu.
5. Pray to Lord Skanda/Kartikeya the deity of Mars. You can listen to Kandha Shashti Kavacham.
6. Meditation – This is the most effective remedy for any malefic planetary situation. This will bring the much-needed clarity and will also help with managing your anger which is the by-product of this transit.
7. If you feel dryness in your body due to lack of fluids, stay hydrated and moisturize yourself properly. Taking care of simple things like this have a very profound effect as everything is connected to everything else in this universe.
8. Perform the Mars Mudra also known as Angaraka Mudra which is a joint-hand gesture (samyukta hasta) used by performing artists. It is found in the traditional set of the nine planets (Nava-Graha Hastas) as described in the Abhinaya Darpana.
Angaraka Mudra is a joint-hand gesture (samyukta hasta) used by performing artists. It is found in the traditional set of the nine planets (Nava-Graha Hastas) as described in the Abhinaya Darpana. It indicates the character of the planet Mars.
Technique Assume Suchi Mudra with your left hand and Mushti Mudra with your right hand. Place your hands in front of your chest and stand in sama position (straight and elongated posture). Evoke a fierce gaze. — Mudras of India: A Comprehensive Guide to the Hand Gestures of Yoga and Indian Dance
To perform this mudra, the thumb forms a fist with the middle, ring and little fingers, and the forefinger extends upward similar to a “Number One” gesture.
To perform this mudra, each hand makes a fist and the thumb stretches over the first three fingers to touch the ring finger.