The sign of Makara (Capricorn) has been under the spotlight for quite some time since Jupiter and Saturn conjoined there.
Currently, we have 4 planets there – Saturn, Jupiter, Sun and Venus. Tomorrow (Feb 4th) Mercury will retrograde back into Capricorn.
Feb 9th to Feb 11 (EST timing) the Moon will transit the sign of Capricorn making it the 6th planet to join the party in Capricorn.
This is a very rare transit and it affects us all in some way or the other.
Here are some rituals we can all do to manage this transit.
- Read about Gajendra Moksha from Srimad Bhagavatam. I have written an entire article explaining the astrological significance. – Remedy from Srimad Bhagavatam for Jupiter & Saturn Conjunction – Cosmic Insights
- Worship Bhaga Aditya who is connected to the sign Capricorn, you can do this in the morning by looking at the Sun with reverence and gratitude. You can chant the mantra – Aum Ghrini Bhaga Aditya (I learned this mantra from Pandit Sanjay Rath).
- Donations – This is one of the greatest astrological remedies. You can donate money or time to help people who are less fortunate than you.
- Meditation and Sudarshan Kriya – The best remedies in my personal experience. This will help you get rid of samskaras (impressions) which are the reason why we feel the effect of planetary energies in the first place.
- Capricorn is the natural 10th house of the zodiac, and Mercury is the Karaka of the 10th house, the pratyadi devata of Mercury is also Lord Vishnu.
- Chant the Vishnu Sahasranama every day. If you do not know to chant, you can play a recording of it and listen to it in a meditative state. Vishnu Sahasranamam is the best way of worshiping and meditating on Lord Vishnu. Lord Vishnu is connected to the sign Capricorn in many ways. HE is the deity of Shravana Nakshatra that is placed entirely in the sign of Capricorn. Lord Vishnu is also often referred to as Makara Kundaladhara (one who wears Makara as earrings). You can also read Jagadguru Sri Adi Shankaracharya’s mind-blowing commentary on the Vishnu Sahasranama.
- If for some reason you are unable to chant or listen to it, you can chant the below mantra from VS which is equivalent to chanting the entire sahasranama. राम राम रामेति रमे रामे मनोरमे ।सहस्रनाम तत्तुल्यं रामनाम वरानने ॥Raama Raama Raame[a-I]ti Rame Raame Manorame |Sahasra-Naama Tat-Tulyam Raama-Naama Vara-[A]anane ||
1: By meditating on “Rama Rama Rama” (the Name of Rama), my Mind gets absorbed in the Divine Consciousness of Rama, which is Transcendental,
2: The Name of Rama is as Great as the Thousand Names of God (Vishnu Sahasranama).
When Goddess Parvati asks about an easier way to chant the Vishnu Sahasranama, Lord Shiva replies that chanting the name Rama Rama Rama thrice is equivalent to chanting the entire Vishnu Sahasranama. According to Katapayadi Varga – Ra is 2, Ma is 5 Rama when you chant thrice it is equivalent to 1000
For personalized every day remedies based on your chart, download the align27 app.