On March 14th, 2023, Shani (Saturn) will move from Dhanishta to Shatabhishak and remain there until April 6th, 2024. However, between October 15th, 2023, and November 23rd, 2023, Saturn will retrograde back to Dhanishta.
Shatabhishak nakshatra is located in the Aquarius sign, also known as Kumbha rashi in Sanskrit. Rahu, the lord of Shatabhishak, is the co-lord of Aquarius with Saturn.
Kumbha rashi is a fixed sign (sthira rashi), meaning stagnation is a common characteristic (water and fixed). Therefore, it is essential to store only what is necessary and discard what may be harmful. We always tend to store things (both positive and negative) thinking we will use it sometime in the future, but in doing so we risk stagnation. For example, storing negative emotions leads to stress which in turn leads to various other life threatening consequences. Saturn’s transit during this period will help identify what is worth saving and what to discard.
This transit will influence us to have a more practical outlook on life and finish pending karmas. Though the energy is transformative if we are willing to adapt, it will help us address our negative qualities and come out of the vicious cycle. Saturn will force us to let go of patterns that are not life supporting.
The sign of Aquarius, which is associated with innovation, unconventional thinking, and humanitarian values. Saturn is known to be a planet of restrictions, limitations, and discipline. Its influence in Shatabhishak can create a conflict between the need for freedom and the urge to establish order and structure in life. During this transit, we may feel a sense of restlessness and the need to break free from the monotony of our routine.
This is the best time for introspection and self-discovery to reflect on our priorities, values, and long-term goals.
Saturn’s transit through Shatabhishak can also bring about a sense of community and a desire to contribute to society. This is a time when individuals may feel a strong sense of social responsibility and may want to make a positive impact on the world around them. The energy of Shatabhishak encourages innovation and experimentation, and Saturn’s influence can provide the necessary discipline and focus to turn these ideas into reality.
If we allow Saturn to work on us, this transit can bring about a newfound sense of purpose, a desire to contribute to society, and a stronger connection to our values and priorities.
Tap here to read more about this transit and to know how it would impact you based on your own birth chart.
Remedies for Saturn in Shatabhishak
- Pranayama and Meditation – Aquarius is an airy sign ruled by 2 airy planets, so it is extremely important to bring balance to our Prana. The restlessness experienced in this sign can ONLY be addressed with Pranayama and Meditation.
- Saturn’s energy can be appeased by performing acts of charity. Donating to the poor and needy can help alleviate the negative effects of Saturn’s transit. You can donate food, clothes, or money to a charitable organization or to the poor and needy directly.
- Shatabhishak is ruled by Varuna, so you can chant the mantra – Aum Varunaya Namah to honor HIM. You can also use the Bija mantra “Vam” or include it as part of your Japa mantra – Aum Vam Varunaya Namah. This helps to bring stability in life.
- The Shakti or power of Shatabhishak is Bheshaja Shakti, the power of healing. Varuna is the guardian of the western direction. A simple ritual would be to bow down facing west and pray to Lord Varuna who can help us overcome l health issues and poverty. HE can also provide us the strength, stamina and perseverance needed to achieve our goals. You can also hold a cup of pure water close the cup with your hands and chant the mantra “Vam Varunaya Namah” and invoke Lord Varuna and then you can drink the water.
- Vayu or Air element can cause issues with strength, vitality and our prana. It can also create a lot of anxiety and restlessness. This can be rectified by offering Yoghurt with the mantra Aum Tatpurushaya Namah.
- Worship the Kedarnath Jyotirlinga with the mantra – Aum Namah Shivaya Namo Kedarnathaya
- Kadamba tree is connected with Shatabhishak, so you can plant this tree or offer the Kadamba flowers to Devi Durga on Fridays.
- Worship Lord Hanuman: Lord Hanuman is known for his strength, courage, and devotion. Worshipping Lord Hanuman can help alleviate the negative effects of Saturn’s transit. You can light a lamp, offer incense, flowers and sweets, and chant the Hanuman Chalisa to seek Lord Hanuman’s blessings.