Bilva leaves or Bael Patra is one of the most powerful and auspicious offering to Lord Shiva. The 3 leaf bael patra represents the trinity Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. It also refers to the trigunas – Sattva, Rajas and Tamas.
“One just needs to offer ‘bel-patra’ to him. Bel-patra offering signifies the surrender of all three aspects of one’s nature—tamas, rajas, and sattva. You have to surrender the positives and negatives of your life to Lord Shiva and become free“
-Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Bilva leaves have the capacity to absorb positive vibrations and dispel negativity. So, when you offer the Bilva leaves on top of the Shiv Linga, the leaves absorb the powerful vibrations of the Shiv linga and bestows it on you as you carry them.
Powerful Remedy to Fulfill All Your Wishes
- Get few Bilva leaves, wash them and only use the ones that have all the 3 leaves and make sure to discard the ones that are worn out. Use fresh Bilva leaves only.
- Take some sandalwood powder and make a paste.
- Dip a small stick in the Sandalwood paste and write the word “Ram” on all 3 leaves of the Bael Patra.
- Chanting Om Namah Shivaya – take the leaf closer to your Ajna chakra (third eye chakra), bring to your awareness the wishes that you want fulfilled.
- Now offer the bilva leaf on top of the Shiv lingam.
- Now sprinkle some water on top of the leaf.
You can offer 1 or 11 Bilva leaves in this manner.
This can be done anytime. But it is even more powerful during
- Maha Shivratri
- Monthly Shivratri
To know about your local timings download the Cosmic Insights App.