Papankusha Ekadashi falls in the month of Asvin and the 11th waxing moon and is known to destroy all sins committed from all lifetimes.
Here are some interesting facts about this Ekadashi and how to make the most of it.
1. Worship Lord Vishnu as Padmanabha (Lotus Navel) to free yourself from all the sins committed knowingly or unknowingly through all your lifetimes.
2. The merit obtained by performing one hundred horse sacrifices and one hundred Rajasurya sacrifices is not even equal to one sixteenth of the merit a devotee is able to attain by fasting on Ekadasi.
3. Chanting the names of Lord Vishnu today is extremely beneficial. Find below simple mantras you can use to chant.
4. Fasting on this Ekadashi frees 10 generations of your ancestors from all their sins. When ancestors get freed they bestow blessings in abundance and stay by your side to protect you always.
5. Charity, donation or service to people who are less fortunate to you is extremely rewarding on this day.
6. Perform Pranayama with Shankh Mudra which is very dear to Lord Vishnu
Mantras for Lord Vishnu
1. Aum Namo Narayana
2. Aum Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya
3. Shantakaram Bhujangasayanam
4. Vishnu Sahasranama
5. Rama Rama Rameti Mantra
You can use Japa108.com app to do Japa on these mantras.
On this day of Papankusha Ekadashi chanting the Shantakaram Bhujangasayanam Mantra is extremely powerful.
Shantakaram Bhujagashayanam Padmanabham Suresham
Vishvadharam Gaganasadrisham Meghavarnam Shubhangam।
Lakshmikantam Kamalanayanam Yogibhirdhyanagamyam
Vande Vishnum Bhavabhayaharam Sarvalokaikanatham
Which translates as
1: (Salutations to Sri Vishnu) Who has a Serene Appearance, Who Rests on a Serpent (Adisesha), Who has a Lotus on His Navel and Who is the Lord of the Devas,
2: Who Sustains the Universe, Who is Boundless and Infinite like the Sky, Whose Colour is like the Cloud (Bluish) and Who has a Beautiful and Auspicious Body,
3: Who is the Husband of Devi Lakshmi, Whose Eyes are like Lotus and Who is Attainable to the Yogis by Meditation,
4: Salutations to That Vishnu Who Removes the Fear of Worldly Existence and Who is the Lord of All the Lokas.
For more such tips and rituals join our Online Vedic Life Coaching Seminar