Lunar eclipse is a powerful time for meditation, contemplation, prayers, mantras, japa and other spiritual practices. It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid materialistic pursuits.
This is not a favorable time to make any important decisions such as job change, marriage, moving into a new home, high value purchases, investments etc. Be aware of heightened emotional tides.
Local Timings, Duration and Visibility
New York – 26 May, 2021 04:47 am to 09:49 am & Visibility – Yes
London – 26 May, 2021 09:47 am to 02:49 pm & Visibility – No
Mumbai – 26 May, 2021 02:17 pm to 07:19 pm & Visibility – Yes
For Lunar Eclipse predictions based on your chart, check the align27 app.
Lunar Eclipse in Anuradha Nakshatra
This lunar eclipse is happening in the nakshatra of Anuradha. One of the symbols of Anuradha Nakshatra is a lotus flower which symbolizes purity and knowledge, an unique strength of a Lotus flower is to remain pure, untainted and untouched even in muddy waters. Our ability to remain pure and untouched could be tested during the eclipse.
Anuradha Nakshatra is all about devotion, love and friendship. But this nakshatra has the tendency to make us suppress our own needs to please people around us, which can quickly become toxic. A little awareness about this energy can go a long way to help us acknowledge and fix it.
The Power of this Nakshatra is – Radhana Shakti which means the power of worship. So eclipse is a perfect time to go inward to pray and surrender to the divine.
Anuradha Nakshatra is ruled by Saturn and the sign Scorpio is ruled by Mars/Ketu. It can be tricky to manage the energies of these planets.
Discipline (Saturn) + Energy (Mars) + Intutiion (Ketu) is the right way to use the energy of this combination.
Extra Special Full Moon Eclipse!
This Lunar eclipse is extra special because it coincides with Buddha Purnima, Kurma Jayanti (celebrating the birth anniversary of Lord Vishnu as the Kurma avatar connected to the planet Saturn. Follow us on Instagram to get updates/insights about these events!
Do’s and Dont’s
Learn the Sudarshan Kriya
It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid materialistic pursuits during the time of eclipses. The Sun and the Moon are in perfect alignment conducive for spiritual activities.
We at Cosmic Insights are working with the Art of Living foundation to organize online meditation courses during this time. Since this is an extremely powerful time for spiritual pursuits, we highly recommend you to join us on the Online Happiness Program where you will be taught the most miraculous Sudarshan Kriya.
To know how this Eclipse affects you check the align27 app.
- Check if you have any planets in Taurus and Scorpio, if you do, then check their lordships and conjunctions to make sense of what you can expect during this time.
- If you have your natal Rahu and Ketu in the Taurus/Scorpio axis then this is a nodal return for you. Please be patient and do not rush into things during this eclipse season.
- Check if you are going through Dasha/Antar dasha of either Sun, Moon, Rahu, Ketu or any planet that is in Marana Karaka Sthana.
- Check the Ashtakavarga scores of the signs where Taurus, Scorpio fall in your chart.
- Check the position of transit Jupiter in your chart for more clues.
- Use the Nadi Nakshatras or Detailed Tarabala Table to see where Anuradha occurs in your chart and what does that signifies. For example, if you have Anuradha as your Karma nakshatra then you may have to be careful with the work/job you are doing.
- Avoid looking at the moon.
- Take a shower before and after the eclipse. – Do not bathe during the eclipse.
- It is best to fast during the time of the eclipse.
- Do not eat food that is exposed to the eclipse, please cook fresh food after the eclipse.
- Chant “Vishnu, Vishnu, Vishnu” before you drink or eat anything. Make this a daily habit.
- Do not commence any new projects during this time.
- Avoid power struggles during this time. Be patient and let time be the healer. Do not react to situations immediately. Take a pause and think it through.
Rituals and Remedies
Here are some generic rituals you can do.
- Chant Aum Namah Shivaya as many times as you possibly can starting today. When you chant it during the eclipse time, it is extremely powerful.
- Worship Lord Dattareya with the mantra 108 times – Aum Namo Bhagavate Dattatreyaya.
- Recite, listen to or meditate on Ganesha Atharvasirsha everyday.
- Chant the Durga Mantra “Aum Dum Durgaye Namaha” 108 times.
- Meditation – this is extremely important and it will help you forge ahead in difficult and tough situations.
- Honor your ancestors – Pray for them, be grateful to them and seek their blessings and help.
- Donate – donation done during eclipse times is extremely powerful and beneficial so do not limit yourself in what you can do to help people without expecting anything in return.
- Listen to Sri Rudram and Vishnu Sahasranama.
- Avoid venturing out during this time, but if you have work that cannot be avoided, please listen to Margabandhu Stotram for protection.
- The deity of Anuradha is Mitra – so please chant the mantra – Aum Mitraya Namah 108 times.