Lunar eclipse is a powerful time for meditation, contemplation, prayers, mantras, japa and other spiritual practices. It is wise to look within and tune yourself to spiritual vibrations and avoid materialistic pursuits.
This is not a favorable time to make any important decisions such as job change, marriage, moving into a new home, high value purchases, investments etc.
Be aware of heightened emotional tides. It is best to be patient and avoid expressing yourself.
Lunar eclipse Rituals, Remedies and Guidelines
- Avoid looking at the moon.
- Chant Aum Namah Shivaya as many times as you possibly can.
- Listen to Sri Rudram. You can recite it or just meditate on it.
- Recite, listen to or meditate on the Ganesha Atharvasirsha (a poetic mantra which can be found online or on the Sattva Meditation & Mantras app).
- Chant the Durga Mantra “Aum Dum Durgaye Namaha” 108 times.
- Chant the mantra “Aum Vishnu Durgaye Namaha” 108 times.
- Meditation – this is extremely important as the power of Punarvasu nakshatra will help you forge ahead in difficult and tough situations. Fingers and Nose are the body parts associated with this nakshatra – so alternate nostril breathing is very effective.
- Donating during Eclipse times is extremely powerful and beneficial. Have no limits as to how much you can help people and don’t expect anything in return.
- Honor your ancestors – pray for them, be grateful for them and seek their blessings and guidance.
- Do not commence any new projects during this time.
- It is best to fast during the time of the eclipse.
- Take a shower before and after the eclipse.
- Do not eat food that is exposed to the Eclipse (i.e. already cooked). Cook fresh food after the Eclipse.
- Chant “Vishnu, Vishnu, Vishnu” before you drink or eat anything.
To know how this Lunar Eclipse will affect you personally, download the align27 app.
Lord Rama was born in this Nakshatra. Sri Ram’s life was everything about bringing balance and equilibrium. Punarvasu is a karmic recycler and harmonizes the opposing tendencies inherent in the universal scheme of things. Sri Ram lost his kingdom and wife and regained them. This is the expression of “light again” or “good again” or “return of light”
Punarvasu is the Nakshatra of renewal, repetition, repeating patterns etc. What you do on the day when Punarvasu nakshatra is operating will be a repeating pattern in your life, So chose wisely and be kind to everyone around you. Choose positivity over negativity, kindness over rudeness, joy over sorrow, The boomerang is the perfect example of the Punarvasu energy. Any good deeds done on Punarvasu will bring multifold results back to you.
One Strange-quality of Punarvasu is that everything happens in two goes for the natives under its strong influence. They almost always tend to fail or not get far in their first attempt at any pursuit, but the funny part is that they almost always succeed if they try a second time. This relates to the opposing natures of the two stars, Castor and Pollux, which make up the constellation of Punarvasu.