Anuradha is the nakshatra of devotion, love, friendliness, commitment, loyalty and determination! Radha’s devotion to Lord Krishna has a big connection to this Nakshatra. Radha is longing, Krishna is Love, and Radha longs to merge with Krishna. Longing comes first, then comes love, and that is the significance of Radha being elder to Krishna. This nakshatra is full of love, passion and devotion to a higher deity or cause.
Anuradha is the 17th nakshatra (lunar mansion) ruled by saturn. It falls in the zodiac of Scorpio ruled by Mars. Mitra is the deity or devata of this nakshatra. Lotus is it’s symbol, so people who have prominent planets in this nakshatra have the ability to flower under adverse situations. Anuradha means “a tiny spark” or “another radha”. Its alternative meaning is “Subsequent Success”. The nakshatra preceding Anuradha is “Vishakha” – Vishakha is all about getting things done with one pointed focus, Anuradha is all about getting things done with utmost devotion along with determination!
Anuradha Nakshatra General Attributes:
1. People with prominent planets in anuradha nakshatra will be interested to work as volunteers at a foreign ashram/ wellness/ yoga centre and they love to go on a pilgrimage and also organize one.
2. They are very good in communicating and have a natural ability to make friends easily with different age groups, races or cultures.
3. They are keen on learning or exploring new things and hence can speak many foreign languages.
4. The symbol is a Lotus flower which has the ability to persevere and blossom in the midst of life’s trials and tribulations.
5. They are fond of vehicles, horses, travelling, ornaments, wool and hide articles.
Anuradha Nakshatra Positive Traits:
1. They are emotionally sensitive to others and place the welfare of others over their own.
2. They are capable of challenging the outdated traditions of society and are capable of setting new traditions and trends.
3. Rich, wealthy, live in foreign countries, cannot withstand hunger, frequently move from place to place.
4. They are the epitome of love and devotion.
5. They have the ability to adjust to new surroundings quickly.
Anuradha Nakshatra Shadow Traits:
1. Emotional, rebellious, adheres to bad advice, try to control others and they don’t forgive others easily.
2. Revolutionaries, who rebel against outdated ways of thinking and support unconventional ways of going against social norms.
3. Issues with jealousy and a desire to control others.
4. Rarely satisfied with their places of residence and move quite often.
Anuradha Career Interests:
1. Businessmen, scientists, researchers, diplomats, arbitrators, spies
2. Counselors, therapists, psychologists, metaphysics, psychics, astrologers
3. Numerologists, statisticians, explorers, miners, conference planners
4. Translators, mediators, negotiators, crisis management professionals
5. Foreign exchange and currencies, travel/ immigration agencies, dealing with tourists, holiday planners
6. Actors, singers, musicians, photographers, artists
Favourable Activities When Moon Transits Anuradha Nakshatra:
Scientific Research, Meditation, Occult Study, Foreign Affairs, Healing, Friendship, Accounts/Finances, Reflective, Secretiveness, relating and Socializing with Friends, Group Activities, Travel to Foreign Lands, Immigration, Financial Tasks, Exploration, Covert Actions.
Unfavourable Activities Today:
Marriage, Confrontation, Mundane Actions, Inaugurations, Beginnings or Inaugural Events, Routine or Commonplace Activities.
To learn more about this nakshatra, you can buy the 4 hour video course by Dr. Arjun Pai.